- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Rick’s hometown from ‘The Walking Dead’ is for sale on eBay
It could be all yours for $680,000.
The town of Grantville, Ga., which is located south of Newnan in Metro Atlanta, is heavily featured in the Walking Dead season 3 episode “Clear” as Rick, Carl, and Michonne go on a weapons run in Rick’s hometown and run into a familiar face. Although the name of Grantville isn’t mentioned by name, some of the town’s defining features are noticeable in the background for those familiar with the area.
The entire town of Grantville isn’t on the market, but rather just the downtown section. Former Grantville Mayor Jim Sells purchased nine buildings out of foreclosure during the recession years ago, but after renovating them, he’s looking for new owners.
“The hard work has been done,” Sells told Atlanta news station WXIA. “We’re looking for somebody to put it all into action.”
The eBay advertisement for Grantville’s downtown stresses that it could ultimately be profitable for the next owners; Grantville is often scouted by the movie industry for shoots, and the seller claims that Grantville is great for someone “trying to invest in an area that’s about to burst.”
“Three movies just signed up to film in Grantville two very well known actors will be staring [sic] in the roles,” the seller wrote. “The other movie is a sequel to the very popular ‘The Ring.’ These movies are another source of income for the next owner.”
Along with the shoot, the new owners could jump on the biggest industry to hit Grantville: the tourists.
“We have people coming from all over the world because of the Walking Dead, that’s paying the bills downtown,” Sells said.
H/T News 10 | Screengrab via Netflix
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.