- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Rick’s hometown from ‘The Walking Dead’ is for sale on eBay
It could be all yours for $680,000.
The town of Grantville, Ga., which is located south of Newnan in Metro Atlanta, is heavily featured in the Walking Dead season 3 episode “Clear” as Rick, Carl, and Michonne go on a weapons run in Rick’s hometown and run into a familiar face. Although the name of Grantville isn’t mentioned by name, some of the town’s defining features are noticeable in the background for those familiar with the area.
The entire town of Grantville isn’t on the market, but rather just the downtown section. Former Grantville Mayor Jim Sells purchased nine buildings out of foreclosure during the recession years ago, but after renovating them, he’s looking for new owners.
“The hard work has been done,” Sells told Atlanta news station WXIA. “We’re looking for somebody to put it all into action.”
The eBay advertisement for Grantville’s downtown stresses that it could ultimately be profitable for the next owners; Grantville is often scouted by the movie industry for shoots, and the seller claims that Grantville is great for someone “trying to invest in an area that’s about to burst.”
“Three movies just signed up to film in Grantville two very well known actors will be staring [sic] in the roles,” the seller wrote. “The other movie is a sequel to the very popular ‘The Ring.’ These movies are another source of income for the next owner.”
Along with the shoot, the new owners could jump on the biggest industry to hit Grantville: the tourists.
“We have people coming from all over the world because of the Walking Dead, that’s paying the bills downtown,” Sells said.
H/T News 10 | Screengrab via Netflix
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.