- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
Gjallarhorn, perhaps the most powerful weapon ever handed to players, the one-size-fits-all solution to Destiny’s most difficult battles, was rendered ineffective and therefore effectively killed last September with the release of The Taken King, the most recent Destiny expansion.
Now, thanks to a leaked trailer for the upcoming expansion Rise of Iron, Destiny fans know that Gjallarhorn is back.
And Destiny fans are freaking out.
The return of the Gjallarhorn in Destiny is simultaneously the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, and something I desperately want.
— Steven Strom (@stevenstrom) June 9, 2016
Bungie’s all “come back to me baby, I’ll buy you a new gjallarhorn, in black.”
— Sass Master Skye (@Endless__Skye) June 9, 2016
The iron Gjallarhorn… Someone hold me
— CrimsonedWolf [RzH] (@CrimsonedWolf) June 9, 2016
Gjallarhorn is so famous that we had to include it on our list of the most iconic video game weapons ever.
That Rise of Iron includes an entirely new environment for players to explore—an area on Earth outside the Last City where the remnants of humanity take shelter—and a new raid, the high-end content that keeps Destiny players going for many months after the release of an expansion, among other new content all helps of course.
If Iron Gjallarhorn turns out to only be available if players fork over early their money for Rise of Iron, it’ll likely start a riot among Destiny fans.
But it’s Gjallarhorn, after all. Take our money.
This obviously was not how Bungie wanted us to hear about Iron Gjallarhorn. The official reveal of the Rise of Iron expansion will take place today at 10am PT on Bungie’s Twitch channel.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.