- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
Complete with too many soup jokes.
Screen Junkies, which took down the much-maligned Ghostbusters 2 ahead of the release of the all-female Ghostbusters reboot back in July, is now setting its sights on the movie that, at one point in 2016, was among its most polarizing storylines.
It’s still so polarizing among fans of the original movie, people who hate reboots, and people who had issues with Ghostbusters being rebooted with women (many of them men)—not to mention that Donald Trump shout out—that Screen Junkies preemptively turned off the comments for its latest Honest Trailers upon its release. Ghostbusters was judged before anyone saw it, but once they did, it…was not as bad as everyone thought, but still bad, according to Screen Junkies’ rather brutal assessment.
So how accurate is the scorching? Well, it really depends on what you thought of the movie. Did you have issues with the awkward cameos, the characterizations, or the fact that it relies too much on the original, among other things? Then it’s for you. If you were a fan of the character-driven comedy? Even if you admit its flaws, you might not like the takedown as much.
What we can agree on? That Fall Out Boy cover was horrendous.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.