- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Today 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Today 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Today 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Today 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Today 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Today 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Today 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
George R.R. Martin throws out first pitch like a boss
He starts off the battle with a ceremonial first toss of the leather-clad ball.
He started off the Battle at Albuquerque with the Isotopes and Zephyrs facing off with the usual ceremonial fare: a first toss of the round, leather-clad ball to the soldiers carrying the wooden weapons.
It’s not a complete 180 for Martin. A major sports fan in his own right, he supports the New York Giants and New York Jets and he’s named minor characters after Patriots coach Bill Belichick and a Dallas fan who owned a fantasy site. Both of them suffered gruesome deaths.
Clad in both a Lannister shirt and a Mets cap, he truly knows the meaning of pain as he goes to mark the start of the battle.
While we can’t actually see how well the pitch did, it was probably still better than 50 Cent’s—and it’s probably safe to say he didn’t kill anyone with it.
H/T AV Club | Photo via MLB
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.