- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Ultimate Gay Fighter comes out this month. It looks fabulous.
When it comes to fighting games, it’s all about the moves and the duds.
In Mortal Kombat, Raiden obliterates enemies with bolts of lighting while dressed in a white robe, blue vest, and straw hat. Chun-Li , from Street Fighter, knocks her opponents out with a barrage of kicks while sporting a double bun hair style and blue dress. And in Ultimate Gay Fighter (UGF), a drag queen named Carrie Cupcake forces her foes into “GAYTALITY” (a play off of Mortal Kombat’s “Fatality”) with a microphone, purple boa, and wig.
Cupcake is one of 10 playable characters in UGF, the “world’s first gay themed video game” from Handsome Woman Productions.
The game pits LGBT characters like “Bisexual” Jaqlyn Daniels and Timmy Spears, “the Asian Twink,” up against the League of Oppressive Self Righteous Zealots who want to destroy and brainwash the gay community. There’s even a Sarah Palin-inspired villain named Anne Paylin who mutters things like “hockey” and “Alaska.”
The 2D fighting game features a hodgepodge of homages to classic games like King of Fighters and Mortal Kombat. For example, each UGF character has a set of catchphrases they say when performing a special attack, including “Move in with me,” “That outfit, those shoes, bad idea,” and “You’re ugly.” Here’s what you see after you win:
“The goal of this game is to enjoy the humor that my gay family brings me. This game is my love letter to my gay family.”
The game is due out this month for Android and iPhone. It looks fabulous.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.