- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Ultimate Gay Fighter comes out this month. It looks fabulous.
When it comes to fighting games, it’s all about the moves and the duds.
In Mortal Kombat, Raiden obliterates enemies with bolts of lighting while dressed in a white robe, blue vest, and straw hat. Chun-Li , from Street Fighter, knocks her opponents out with a barrage of kicks while sporting a double bun hair style and blue dress. And in Ultimate Gay Fighter (UGF), a drag queen named Carrie Cupcake forces her foes into “GAYTALITY” (a play off of Mortal Kombat’s “Fatality”) with a microphone, purple boa, and wig.
Cupcake is one of 10 playable characters in UGF, the “world’s first gay themed video game” from Handsome Woman Productions.
The game pits LGBT characters like “Bisexual” Jaqlyn Daniels and Timmy Spears, “the Asian Twink,” up against the League of Oppressive Self Righteous Zealots who want to destroy and brainwash the gay community. There’s even a Sarah Palin-inspired villain named Anne Paylin who mutters things like “hockey” and “Alaska.”
The 2D fighting game features a hodgepodge of homages to classic games like King of Fighters and Mortal Kombat. For example, each UGF character has a set of catchphrases they say when performing a special attack, including “Move in with me,” “That outfit, those shoes, bad idea,” and “You’re ugly.” Here’s what you see after you win:
“The goal of this game is to enjoy the humor that my gay family brings me. This game is my love letter to my gay family.”
The game is due out this month for Android and iPhone. It looks fabulous.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.