- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony 6 Years Ago
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Today 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Today 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Today 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Today 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Today 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Today 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
Ultimate Gay Fighter comes out this month. It looks fabulous.
When it comes to fighting games, it’s all about the moves and the duds.
In Mortal Kombat, Raiden obliterates enemies with bolts of lighting while dressed in a white robe, blue vest, and straw hat. Chun-Li , from Street Fighter, knocks her opponents out with a barrage of kicks while sporting a double bun hair style and blue dress. And in Ultimate Gay Fighter (UGF), a drag queen named Carrie Cupcake forces her foes into “GAYTALITY” (a play off of Mortal Kombat’s “Fatality”) with a microphone, purple boa, and wig.
Cupcake is one of 10 playable characters in UGF, the “world’s first gay themed video game” from Handsome Woman Productions.
The game pits LGBT characters like “Bisexual” Jaqlyn Daniels and Timmy Spears, “the Asian Twink,” up against the League of Oppressive Self Righteous Zealots who want to destroy and brainwash the gay community. There’s even a Sarah Palin-inspired villain named Anne Paylin who mutters things like “hockey” and “Alaska.”
The 2D fighting game features a hodgepodge of homages to classic games like King of Fighters and Mortal Kombat. For example, each UGF character has a set of catchphrases they say when performing a special attack, including “Move in with me,” “That outfit, those shoes, bad idea,” and “You’re ugly.” Here’s what you see after you win:
“The goal of this game is to enjoy the humor that my gay family brings me. This game is my love letter to my gay family.”
The game is due out this month for Android and iPhone. It looks fabulous.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.