- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Valve releases 15-minute ‘Team Fortress 2’ short film
Finally, the game’s cast of characters get the screen time they deserve.
To help promote the newest package of content for its free-to-play game Team Fortress 2, Valve has taken the unusual step of releasing a 15-minute short film created using the game’s distinctive cast of characters.
Team Fortress 2, released in 2007, is a popular team-based first person shooter game, well known for its cast of characters. Teams are made up of nine characters who have names like Scout, Medic and Soldier, according to their role.
The 15 minute film, titled Expiration Date, features all nine of Team Fortress 2‘s cast, as well as Miss Pauling, the “announcer’s assistant,” and tells the story of Scout’s love for Miss Pauling during the last few days of his life.
Pauling is too overworked to notice Scout’s affections for her, but with Spy’s help, Scout hopes he can lure her out of her workaday life and into a romance with him.
Meanwhile, Engineer discovers an unsettling, to say the least, problem with his teleportation device that might kill them all.
The short film was created to promote Team Fortress 2’s new ‘Love & War’ update which features new dance moves and achievements.
Screenshot via teamfortress/YouTube
Jack Flanagan is a reporter whose work focuses on science, technology, and business. His work has appeared in the Guardian, HuffPo, New Scientist, the Advocate, and the Next Web.