- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 6 Years Ago
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side 6 Years Ago
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
The 5 weirdest ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ glitches
Blue Hell, strange taxis and more.
Grand Theft Auto V is finally upon us, and while some players called in sick to work to marathon the whole thing, a few redditors have found themselves already taking breaks from the highly-anticipated game…
… to write about it on the Internet.
Since GTA V hit stores in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, redditors have found glitches galore. Though some of the bugs make the game look “terrible,” others are simply funny.
Here are the 5 weirdest GTA V glitches we’ve seen so far:
This cab will take you from the filing cabinet to the desk, and that’s about it.
It’s not quite clear exactly how this player found his way under the game world. However, disappearing under the map is a common occurrence in GTA games. This area under the gameworld is typically called Blue Hell.
“We saved our game at a safehouse and found that NPCs [non-player characters] were just pouring out of the front door,” wrote Krankybias. “Thing is they were all the same type of NPC.”
An early mission brought some odd parking at a car showroom, according to Chuttin.
Redditor garfbargle found a way to take a cab ride to a strange place.
As I was playing the mission where you have to fight your way up a very tall building that is under construction I found this glitch. The mission starts with a yellow marker placed at the top of the building with the goal to reach it and take out a target. I figured instead of fighting my way up I would just go grab a helicopter and fly to the top and jump out. I pressed start, placed a waypoint [map marker] at a helicopter location and called for a taxi. As soon as I go in the taxi I [rapidly pressed] A. (Selects the first destination, usually the waypoint if it is placed, then chooses to skip the drive time and load to the location) After I came out of the load screen I was teleported to the yellow mission marker on the top of the building in the taxi! Pretty sweet.
Sadly, no-one has yet found a glitch crazy enough to match the famous swingset in GTA IV. Pressing up against the playground apparatus often launched the player huge distances through the air.
Given GTA V has only been in players’ hands for a few hours, we expect plenty more oddities where those came from.
Screenshot via ChuckS117/Reddit
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.