- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Blue Hell, strange taxis and more.
Grand Theft Auto V is finally upon us, and while some players called in sick to work to marathon the whole thing, a few redditors have found themselves already taking breaks from the highly-anticipated game…
… to write about it on the Internet.
Since GTA V hit stores in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, redditors have found glitches galore. Though some of the bugs make the game look “terrible,” others are simply funny.
Here are the 5 weirdest GTA V glitches we’ve seen so far:
This cab will take you from the filing cabinet to the desk, and that’s about it.
It’s not quite clear exactly how this player found his way under the game world. However, disappearing under the map is a common occurrence in GTA games. This area under the gameworld is typically called Blue Hell.
“We saved our game at a safehouse and found that NPCs [non-player characters] were just pouring out of the front door,” wrote Krankybias. “Thing is they were all the same type of NPC.”
An early mission brought some odd parking at a car showroom, according to Chuttin.
Redditor garfbargle found a way to take a cab ride to a strange place.
As I was playing the mission where you have to fight your way up a very tall building that is under construction I found this glitch. The mission starts with a yellow marker placed at the top of the building with the goal to reach it and take out a target. I figured instead of fighting my way up I would just go grab a helicopter and fly to the top and jump out. I pressed start, placed a waypoint [map marker] at a helicopter location and called for a taxi. As soon as I go in the taxi I [rapidly pressed] A. (Selects the first destination, usually the waypoint if it is placed, then chooses to skip the drive time and load to the location) After I came out of the load screen I was teleported to the yellow mission marker on the top of the building in the taxi! Pretty sweet.
Sadly, no-one has yet found a glitch crazy enough to match the famous swingset in GTA IV. Pressing up against the playground apparatus often launched the player huge distances through the air.
Given GTA V has only been in players’ hands for a few hours, we expect plenty more oddities where those came from.
Screenshot via ChuckS117/Reddit
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.