- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Use this interactive ‘Game of Thrones’ map to keep track of all the scheming
Do the ‘Game of Thrones’ credits always move too fast for you? You’re in luck.
If you’re one of those people who needs a visual aid to follow the complicated movements of the characters in Game of Thrones, you’re in luck. DirecTV has created an interactive map of Westeros that also serves as a timeline refresher for the entire show.
The Kingroadmap recaps the hit HBO television series, which returns this Sunday, and reminds you where various episodes took place. You can “travel” through the entire series or search for episodes by title to see the locations that they featured.
Screengrab via Direct TV
The map underscores the vastness of the show’s “known world” and how many episodes cover stories at opposite ends of the kingdom—especially in the later part of the series. Whoever ultimately wins the game of thrones, their scheme will have to survive unforeseen events half a continent away.
DirectTV spokesman Chris Needham told the Daily Dot by email that the map will change to keep up with the new season.
“We plan to update the map each week, so readers can refresh their memory or catch up the current episode,” Needham said.
Now might be a good time to peruse the map so you’re ready for Sunday’s sure-to-be-epic season 5 premiere. If you don’t have or want a cable or satellite subscription, HBO just launched its long-awaited HBO Now streaming service.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons (CC BY 3.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.