- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
‘Game of Thrones’ may feature movie-length episodes in season 8
Game of Thrones episodes tend to run long, with season 7 episodes ranging from 50 to 82 minutes in length. According to a new report from the convention Con of Thrones, those runtimes are about to get even longer.
Sound designer Paula Fairfield hinted this weekend that season 8 may include feature-length episodes. That’s longer than any Game of Thrones episode we’ve seen before. And it makes sense: Game of Thrones has a lot of storylines to wrap up before the show concludes for good.
Fairfield just said the Season 7 finale of GAME OF THRONES will be 82 mins. Final season they're considering making each ep feature length!
— David Chen (@davechensky) July 1, 2017
- Rhaegar Targaryen is the most important ‘Game of Thrones’ character you don’t know
- Who is Azor Ahai, the prophesied savior of ‘Game of Thrones’?
- Everything revealed so far about George R.R. Martin’s ‘The Winds of Winter’
The eighth and final season will be six episodes long, and we can assume that “feature-length” translates to about 90 minutes per episode. A fitting end to the most epic show on television.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.