- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Today 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Today 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Today 10:54 AM
- David Fincher is doing a ‘Chinatown’ prequel series, naturally Today 10:43 AM
- Congress thinks Facebook is misleading you about its location tracking Today 10:36 AM
- The cast and crew of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ offer more teases on ‘Star Wars’ conclusion Today 10:34 AM
- #FartGate takes over Twitter after lawmaker appears to pass gas on live television Today 10:24 AM
- Cop was playing YouTube video when he crashed into woman’s car at 70 mph Today 10:10 AM
- 5 last-minute gift ideas people actually want Today 9:51 AM
- South Dakota anti-meth campaign goes viral—and officials love it Today 9:38 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein guards arrested, to be charged Today 9:05 AM
- TikTok teens are savaging Mayor Pete’s ‘High Hopes’ dance Today 8:41 AM
- The coolest Easter eggs in HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:13 AM
- Billie Eilish hit herself in the face with a mic—and reminded us why we love her Today 8:01 AM
- Review: Wyze’s budget security cams easily compete with big-name brands Today 7:16 AM
Game of Thrones episodes tend to run long, with season 7 episodes ranging from 50 to 82 minutes in length. According to a new report from the convention Con of Thrones, those runtimes are about to get even longer.
Sound designer Paula Fairfield hinted this weekend that season 8 may include feature-length episodes. That’s longer than any Game of Thrones episode we’ve seen before. And it makes sense: Game of Thrones has a lot of storylines to wrap up before the show concludes for good.
Fairfield just said the Season 7 finale of GAME OF THRONES will be 82 mins. Final season they're considering making each ep feature length!— David Chen (@davechensky) July 1, 2017
- Rhaegar Targaryen is the most important ‘Game of Thrones’ character you don’t know
- Who is Azor Ahai, the prophesied savior of ‘Game of Thrones’?
- Everything revealed so far about George R.R. Martin’s ‘The Winds of Winter’
The eighth and final season will be six episodes long, and we can assume that “feature-length” translates to about 90 minutes per episode. A fitting end to the most epic show on television.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor