- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
‘Game of Thrones’ may feature movie-length episodes in season 8
Game of Thrones episodes tend to run long, with season 7 episodes ranging from 50 to 82 minutes in length. According to a new report from the convention Con of Thrones, those runtimes are about to get even longer.
Sound designer Paula Fairfield hinted this weekend that season 8 may include feature-length episodes. That’s longer than any Game of Thrones episode we’ve seen before. And it makes sense: Game of Thrones has a lot of storylines to wrap up before the show concludes for good.
Fairfield just said the Season 7 finale of GAME OF THRONES will be 82 mins. Final season they're considering making each ep feature length!— David Chen (@davechensky) July 1, 2017
- Rhaegar Targaryen is the most important ‘Game of Thrones’ character you don’t know
- Who is Azor Ahai, the prophesied savior of ‘Game of Thrones’?
- Everything revealed so far about George R.R. Martin’s ‘The Winds of Winter’
The eighth and final season will be six episodes long, and we can assume that “feature-length” translates to about 90 minutes per episode. A fitting end to the most epic show on television.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor