- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report 3 Years Ago
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people 3 Years Ago
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Today 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Today 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Today 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Today 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Today 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Today 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Today 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Today 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Today 10:45 AM
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed Today 10:10 AM
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? Today 10:07 AM
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
Game of Thrones episodes tend to run long, with season 7 episodes ranging from 50 to 82 minutes in length. According to a new report from the convention Con of Thrones, those runtimes are about to get even longer.
Sound designer Paula Fairfield hinted this weekend that season 8 may include feature-length episodes. That’s longer than any Game of Thrones episode we’ve seen before. And it makes sense: Game of Thrones has a lot of storylines to wrap up before the show concludes for good.
Fairfield just said the Season 7 finale of GAME OF THRONES will be 82 mins. Final season they're considering making each ep feature length!— David Chen (@davechensky) July 1, 2017
- Rhaegar Targaryen is the most important ‘Game of Thrones’ character you don’t know
- Who is Azor Ahai, the prophesied savior of ‘Game of Thrones’?
- Everything revealed so far about George R.R. Martin’s ‘The Winds of Winter’
The eighth and final season will be six episodes long, and we can assume that “feature-length” translates to about 90 minutes per episode. A fitting end to the most epic show on television.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor