- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast 10 Months Ago
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles 10 Months Ago
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Today 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Today 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Today 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Today 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Today 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Today 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Today 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Today 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Today 11:39 AM
- Did BTS fans really cause TikTok to crash? (updated) Today 11:08 AM
- People are selling homemade tampons on Etsy Today 11:01 AM
- ‘Hunters’ review: Amazon’s Nazi-hunting series was a great idea, in theory Today 10:47 AM
- Warren drafts contract to release women from NDAs with Bloomberg (updated) Today 10:42 AM
Warning: This article contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
Another Game of Thrones battle is brewing in King’s Landing, and if the teaser for next week’s episode is any indication, it’s going to be a massive one. Episode 5 was directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who is known for handling Thrones’ battle episodes.
Thanks to “The Last of the Starks,” the pieces are in place for the battle to begin. Jon arrived on King’s Landing’s doorsteps with Daenerys Targaryen’s army. Tyrion and Dany remain in Dragonstone, but you can tell that he has his concerns after Dany witnessed the death of another close companion. Cersei Lannister watches from the Red Keep, Euron Greyjoy is on his ship, and the Golden Company marches onward.
Everyone is all but anticipating that Dany will come riding out with Drogon, her last dragon standing. Multiple characters even look to the sky for the moment we’ve all seen before. But for now, we’ll have to wait until next week to see if that arrives.
The next Game of Thrones episode airs on May 12.
NOW HEAR THIS:
How linguist David J. Peterson created the Dothraki and Valyrian languages for Game of Thrones
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.