- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated)
HBO can’t seem to stop Game of Thrones from leaking.
Last week, the premiere episode of the award-winning series leaked on DirecTV Now a full four hours early. Unfortunately for spoiler-conscious fans, the series’ second episode—set to air Sunday night at 9 pm EST—has gotten a similar treatment, Variety confirms. Though it wasn’t as openly shared as last week’s episode, the second leak is odd, given how tight-lipped the actors and others involved have been about the highly-anticipated final season.
Don’t worry, though—we won’t include any spoilers here.
A Reddit thread dedicated to outlining the events in the leaked episode was up by 11 am this morning, a full 10 hours before it was set to air. A Redditor who goes by u/ViolaineSugarHiccup has been updating the thread as they watch. The r/freefolk subreddit is filled with references to the leak, attributing it to German Amazon Prime.
Reddit is not the only site with spoilers, however. A Twitter user, @noone10247583, began posting screenshots from the leaked episode at 9 am EST. The screenshots depict some important scenes from the episode, without warning—so proceed with caution.
Variety said that the episode was put up on Openload, but it was quickly taken down.
The title of season 8’s second episode has not been officially announced. HBO and Amazon did not return the Daily Dot’s request for comment prior to publication of this story.
Updated April 21, 5:31pm: An Amazon spokesperson told the Daily Dot, “We regret that for a short time Amazon customers in Germany were able to access episode 2 of season 8 of Game of Thrones. This was an error and has been rectified.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.