- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Wednesday 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Wednesday 11:44 AM
Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated)
HBO can’t seem to stop Game of Thrones from leaking.
Last week, the premiere episode of the award-winning series leaked on DirecTV Now a full four hours early. Unfortunately for spoiler-conscious fans, the series’ second episode—set to air Sunday night at 9 pm EST—has gotten a similar treatment, Variety confirms. Though it wasn’t as openly shared as last week’s episode, the second leak is odd, given how tight-lipped the actors and others involved have been about the highly-anticipated final season.
Don’t worry, though—we won’t include any spoilers here.
A Reddit thread dedicated to outlining the events in the leaked episode was up by 11 am this morning, a full 10 hours before it was set to air. A Redditor who goes by u/ViolaineSugarHiccup has been updating the thread as they watch. The r/freefolk subreddit is filled with references to the leak, attributing it to German Amazon Prime.
Reddit is not the only site with spoilers, however. A Twitter user, @noone10247583, began posting screenshots from the leaked episode at 9 am EST. The screenshots depict some important scenes from the episode, without warning—so proceed with caution.
Variety said that the episode was put up on Openload, but it was quickly taken down.
The title of season 8’s second episode has not been officially announced. HBO and Amazon did not return the Daily Dot’s request for comment prior to publication of this story.
Updated April 21, 5:31pm: An Amazon spokesperson told the Daily Dot, “We regret that for a short time Amazon customers in Germany were able to access episode 2 of season 8 of Game of Thrones. This was an error and has been rectified.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.