- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
HBO can’t seem to stop Game of Thrones from leaking.
Last week, the premiere episode of the award-winning series leaked on DirecTV Now a full four hours early. Unfortunately for spoiler-conscious fans, the series’ second episode—set to air Sunday night at 9 pm EST—has gotten a similar treatment, Variety confirms. Though it wasn’t as openly shared as last week’s episode, the second leak is odd, given how tight-lipped the actors and others involved have been about the highly-anticipated final season.
Don’t worry, though—we won’t include any spoilers here.
A Reddit thread dedicated to outlining the events in the leaked episode was up by 11 am this morning, a full 10 hours before it was set to air. A Redditor who goes by u/ViolaineSugarHiccup has been updating the thread as they watch. The r/freefolk subreddit is filled with references to the leak, attributing it to German Amazon Prime.
Reddit is not the only site with spoilers, however. A Twitter user, @noone10247583, began posting screenshots from the leaked episode at 9 am EST. The screenshots depict some important scenes from the episode, without warning—so proceed with caution.
Variety said that the episode was put up on Openload, but it was quickly taken down.
The title of season 8’s second episode has not been officially announced. HBO and Amazon did not return the Daily Dot’s request for comment prior to publication of this story.
Updated April 21, 5:31pm: An Amazon spokesperson told the Daily Dot, “We regret that for a short time Amazon customers in Germany were able to access episode 2 of season 8 of Game of Thrones. This was an error and has been rectified.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.