- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Two weeks ago, it was rumored that a Fortnite and Stranger Things crossover event would be happening. The rumor seems to be coming true as the portals seen in Netflix’s ’80s sci-fi series started popping up in certain sections of the Fortnite map.
There are multiple portals, all centered around Fortnite’s Mega Mall location. They all have the same fleshy, creepy vibe of the portals seen in Stranger Things’ Hawkins, Indiana.
In Stranger Things, the portals lead to what the kids call the “Upside Down,” an alternate dimension home to otherworldly beasts like the Demogorgon, which pursues Eleven in the first season. In Fortnite, it appears that the portals just teleport you to the mouth of another portal somewhere around the map.
An ice cream shop named “Scoops Ahoy!” showed up in Megal Mall at the start of season 9 of Fortnite, an explicit reference to an identical shop seen in Stranger Things’ trailer for season 3.
The portals have made the already popular Mega Mall a bit more hectic to navigate, considering the constantly teleporting players.
Currently, there’s still no word on if this crossover event is going to result in some unique tie-in skins for players or items. Previous crossover events with the John Wick and Avengers franchises have resulted in as much, so we’ll have to wait and see.
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen?
- 9 Fortnite memes that are (almost) as sweet as a Victory Royale
- How to make a 16-player lobby in Fortnite
- The best Fortnite skins: Cuddle bears, ancient vikings, and more
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.