- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football 4 Months Ago
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site 4 Months Ago
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Today 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Today 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Today 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Today 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Today 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Today 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Today 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Today 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Today 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Today 11:14 AM
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme Today 10:33 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard was conservatives’ favorite debater Today 10:07 AM
According to longtime Fortnite data miner FortTory, a new zombies-based limited time mode is on the way, and it’s called “Mash” or “Horde Rush” depending on who you ask. In a tweet, FortTory pasted the LTM’s official description:
Fortnite friends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the final boss to win! Can you make it all the way to the end and set a new high score?
Fortnite ‘Horde Rush’ leaks
FortTory also managed to find some sound files that indicate these monsters or challenges will have some sort of sci-fi angle to them.
Sounds for the upcoming 'Mash' LTM pic.twitter.com/CQcn3WCaqI— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) June 6, 2019
Fortnite data miner, Lucas7Yoshi, apparently leaked the details of the challenge, so you won’t have to go in blind. Most of the rewards are basically just XP so you can keep leveling up, but there are two prizes you can use while duking it out in a match.
"Horde Rush" LTM Challenges: pic.twitter.com/JAw8VFPsqf— Lucas7yoshi // Fortnite Leaks & News (@Lucas7yoshi) June 6, 2019
Complete any seven of the 11 challenges and you’ll get a Fined wrap for your weapons. If you manage to get 500 headshots in the LTM, you’ll get a new loading screen with a look inspired by the mode.
You can check out the rest of our Fortnite coverage here.
- 12-year-old Fortnite star banned from Twitch for lying about his age
- Pokimane teases ‘white knight’ fan for attempting to curb bullies
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.