- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate 2 Months Ago
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
According to longtime Fortnite data miner FortTory, a new zombies-based limited time mode is on the way, and it’s called “Mash” or “Horde Rush” depending on who you ask. In a tweet, FortTory pasted the LTM’s official description:
Fortnite friends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the final boss to win! Can you make it all the way to the end and set a new high score?
Fortnite ‘Horde Rush’ leaks
FortTory also managed to find some sound files that indicate these monsters or challenges will have some sort of sci-fi angle to them.
Sounds for the upcoming 'Mash' LTM pic.twitter.com/CQcn3WCaqI— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) June 6, 2019
Fortnite data miner, Lucas7Yoshi, apparently leaked the details of the challenge, so you won’t have to go in blind. Most of the rewards are basically just XP so you can keep leveling up, but there are two prizes you can use while duking it out in a match.
"Horde Rush" LTM Challenges: pic.twitter.com/JAw8VFPsqf— Lucas7yoshi // Fortnite Leaks & News (@Lucas7yoshi) June 6, 2019
Complete any seven of the 11 challenges and you’ll get a Fined wrap for your weapons. If you manage to get 500 headshots in the LTM, you’ll get a new loading screen with a look inspired by the mode.
You can check out the rest of our Fortnite coverage here.
- 12-year-old Fortnite star banned from Twitch for lying about his age
- Pokimane teases ‘white knight’ fan for attempting to curb bullies
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.