- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 2 Weeks Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
According to longtime Fortnite data miner FortTory, a new zombies-based limited time mode is on the way, and it’s called “Mash” or “Horde Rush” depending on who you ask. In a tweet, FortTory pasted the LTM’s official description:
Fortnite friends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the final boss to win! Can you make it all the way to the end and set a new high score?
Fortnite ‘Horde Rush’ leaks
FortTory also managed to find some sound files that indicate these monsters or challenges will have some sort of sci-fi angle to them.
Sounds for the upcoming 'Mash' LTM pic.twitter.com/CQcn3WCaqI
— FortTory – Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) June 6, 2019
Fortnite data miner, Lucas7Yoshi, apparently leaked the details of the challenge, so you won’t have to go in blind. Most of the rewards are basically just XP so you can keep leveling up, but there are two prizes you can use while duking it out in a match.
"Horde Rush" LTM Challenges: pic.twitter.com/JAw8VFPsqf
— Lucas7yoshi // Fortnite Leaks & News (@Lucas7yoshi) June 6, 2019
Complete any seven of the 11 challenges and you’ll get a Fined wrap for your weapons. If you manage to get 500 headshots in the LTM, you’ll get a new loading screen with a look inspired by the mode.
You can check out the rest of our Fortnite coverage here.
- 12-year-old Fortnite star banned from Twitch for lying about his age
- Pokimane teases ‘white knight’ fan for attempting to curb bullies
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.