- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
According to longtime Fortnite data miner FortTory, a new zombies-based limited time mode is on the way, and it’s called “Mash” or “Horde Rush” depending on who you ask. In a tweet, FortTory pasted the LTM’s official description:
Fortnite friends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the final boss to win! Can you make it all the way to the end and set a new high score?
Fortnite ‘Horde Rush’ leaks
FortTory also managed to find some sound files that indicate these monsters or challenges will have some sort of sci-fi angle to them.
Sounds for the upcoming 'Mash' LTM pic.twitter.com/CQcn3WCaqI— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) June 6, 2019
Fortnite data miner, Lucas7Yoshi, apparently leaked the details of the challenge, so you won’t have to go in blind. Most of the rewards are basically just XP so you can keep leveling up, but there are two prizes you can use while duking it out in a match.
"Horde Rush" LTM Challenges: pic.twitter.com/JAw8VFPsqf— Lucas7yoshi // Fortnite Leaks & News (@Lucas7yoshi) June 6, 2019
Complete any seven of the 11 challenges and you’ll get a Fined wrap for your weapons. If you manage to get 500 headshots in the LTM, you’ll get a new loading screen with a look inspired by the mode.
You can check out the rest of our Fortnite coverage here.
- 12-year-old Fortnite star banned from Twitch for lying about his age
- Pokimane teases ‘white knight’ fan for attempting to curb bullies
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.