- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con 3 Years Ago
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Ford caters to geek crowd with gamer-oriented ad.
In the ad, Ford contracted protagonist Solid Snake’s original voice actor David Hayter to promote the Focus SE. With Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, series director Hideo Kojima replaced Hayter for Kiefer Sutherland.
Just like with the Dragon Ball Z ads, Ford is trying to reach a different consumer by using commercials that appeal to both nostalgia and humor. In the clip below, Snake confronts Psycho Mantis—just like in the original Metal Gear Solid. And just like in the original, Mantis would say something personal about the player. (This was accomplished on the PlayStation by reading off the player’s’ memory card.)
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.