- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Titan Books announced that it’s publishing a series of novels that will take place in the Firefly universe with the first book arriving in the fall. Three books are currently planned—and will be considered part of the official Firefly canon—with series creator Joss Whedon on board as a consulting editor.
The first book, Firefly: Big Damn Hero by Nancy Holder, will arrive in October 2018. Fans won’t have to wait too much longer after that for the other two books, which will be published March and October 2019 respectively.
“[I am] delighted to be bringing new, official stories to fans of a show that has continued to grow in popularity over the years, finding new audiences in an unprecedented way,” Titan Books commissioning editor Cat Camacho said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.
The books will follow the crew of the ship Serenity and its hijinks. Firefly: Big Damn Hero will find Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion’s character) captured by a group of Browncoats, the soldiers he fought with during the Unification War. The second book, Firefly: The Magnificent Nine, is written by James Lovegrove and takes the Serenity crew to a desert moon after Jayne (Adam Baldwin) is called there by an ex. Firefly: Generations is written by Tim Lebbon and leads the crew to a legendary ship that they can salvage.
The three books announced to date offer a wealth of different ideas and adventures for fans to explore long after they’ve watched Firefly’s one season (and subsequent movie, Serenity), guaranteeing that they haven’t seen Serenity’s final voyage.
H/T the Verge
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.