- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges 2 Years Ago
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
Titan Books announced that it’s publishing a series of novels that will take place in the Firefly universe with the first book arriving in the fall. Three books are currently planned—and will be considered part of the official Firefly canon—with series creator Joss Whedon on board as a consulting editor.
The first book, Firefly: Big Damn Hero by Nancy Holder, will arrive in October 2018. Fans won’t have to wait too much longer after that for the other two books, which will be published March and October 2019 respectively.
“[I am] delighted to be bringing new, official stories to fans of a show that has continued to grow in popularity over the years, finding new audiences in an unprecedented way,” Titan Books commissioning editor Cat Camacho said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.
The books will follow the crew of the ship Serenity and its hijinks. Firefly: Big Damn Hero will find Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion’s character) captured by a group of Browncoats, the soldiers he fought with during the Unification War. The second book, Firefly: The Magnificent Nine, is written by James Lovegrove and takes the Serenity crew to a desert moon after Jayne (Adam Baldwin) is called there by an ex. Firefly: Generations is written by Tim Lebbon and leads the crew to a legendary ship that they can salvage.
The three books announced to date offer a wealth of different ideas and adventures for fans to explore long after they’ve watched Firefly’s one season (and subsequent movie, Serenity), guaranteeing that they haven’t seen Serenity’s final voyage.
H/T the Verge
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.