- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Titan Books announced that it’s publishing a series of novels that will take place in the Firefly universe with the first book arriving in the fall. Three books are currently planned—and will be considered part of the official Firefly canon—with series creator Joss Whedon on board as a consulting editor.
The first book, Firefly: Big Damn Hero by Nancy Holder, will arrive in October 2018. Fans won’t have to wait too much longer after that for the other two books, which will be published March and October 2019 respectively.
“[I am] delighted to be bringing new, official stories to fans of a show that has continued to grow in popularity over the years, finding new audiences in an unprecedented way,” Titan Books commissioning editor Cat Camacho said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.
The books will follow the crew of the ship Serenity and its hijinks. Firefly: Big Damn Hero will find Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion’s character) captured by a group of Browncoats, the soldiers he fought with during the Unification War. The second book, Firefly: The Magnificent Nine, is written by James Lovegrove and takes the Serenity crew to a desert moon after Jayne (Adam Baldwin) is called there by an ex. Firefly: Generations is written by Tim Lebbon and leads the crew to a legendary ship that they can salvage.
The three books announced to date offer a wealth of different ideas and adventures for fans to explore long after they’ve watched Firefly’s one season (and subsequent movie, Serenity), guaranteeing that they haven’t seen Serenity’s final voyage.
H/T the Verge
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.