- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty 2 Years Ago
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional 2 Years Ago
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
Titan Books announced that it’s publishing a series of novels that will take place in the Firefly universe with the first book arriving in the fall. Three books are currently planned—and will be considered part of the official Firefly canon—with series creator Joss Whedon on board as a consulting editor.
The first book, Firefly: Big Damn Hero by Nancy Holder, will arrive in October 2018. Fans won’t have to wait too much longer after that for the other two books, which will be published March and October 2019 respectively.
“[I am] delighted to be bringing new, official stories to fans of a show that has continued to grow in popularity over the years, finding new audiences in an unprecedented way,” Titan Books commissioning editor Cat Camacho said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.
The books will follow the crew of the ship Serenity and its hijinks. Firefly: Big Damn Hero will find Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion’s character) captured by a group of Browncoats, the soldiers he fought with during the Unification War. The second book, Firefly: The Magnificent Nine, is written by James Lovegrove and takes the Serenity crew to a desert moon after Jayne (Adam Baldwin) is called there by an ex. Firefly: Generations is written by Tim Lebbon and leads the crew to a legendary ship that they can salvage.
The three books announced to date offer a wealth of different ideas and adventures for fans to explore long after they’ve watched Firefly’s one season (and subsequent movie, Serenity), guaranteeing that they haven’t seen Serenity’s final voyage.
H/T the Verge
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.