- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Today 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Today 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Today 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Today 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Director David Yates has confirmed to Screen Rant that a young Albus Dumbledore will appear in the second movie in the Fantastic Beasts franchise, after J.K. Rowling hinted that he’d reappear at a fan event last month.
“In the second movie Dumbledore comes back. He’s got a couple of good scenes with Newt… We’re discussing who would play Dumbledore, any suggestions would be good. [Laughs]”
Though Fantastic Beasts is set in 1920s New York City, Newt is a British wizard who attended Hogwarts. As a young Hufflepuff, he was taught by Professor Dumbledore, then in his very first job as a transfiguration professor at the school. (Harry Potter fans will remember that Professor McGonagall would later fill the position.)
It makes sense for the film to revisit the loved character, and not just to please fans. Before he was Hogwart’s headmaster and Harry Potter’s mentor, Dumbledore had a long and complicated history that includes one of the most important battles in wizarding history. There’s a very good chance he’ll play a critical role in the Fantastic Beasts series as it plays out over four more films.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.