- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
This is the ‘Thor’ movie poster fandom has dreamed of
“Thorki” comes to life in this Shanghai movie poster.
Thor races to the end of the Titanic, the wind blowing his long blond hair all over the place. At the end of the boat is Loki, his mortal enemy, staring longingly out at the sea. The two embrace. Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” begins to play as the camera pans around the boat.
That’s the scene we’re imagining when we look at this Photoshopped poster displayed outside a Shanghai movie theater, at any rate.
Unfortunately, whoever wrote the Chinese text isn’t in on the joke—it looks like the generic promotional copy for “Thunder God 2: The Dark World,” as it’s called in China. The remix was based off this official poster featuring Natalie Portman in place of Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki.
Not much else is known about how the poster made it into a theater. But, as Reddit user Rubix89 states, someone knew exactly what they were doing: Hiddleston is a geek favorite who dominated Tumblr last year in the heyday of the Avengers fandom. Especially popular is “Thorki,” i.e. the slash fandom pairing of Thor/Loki and their not-very-brotherly love.
H/T Reddit | Photo via Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.