- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
This is the ‘Thor’ movie poster fandom has dreamed of
“Thorki” comes to life in this Shanghai movie poster.
Thor races to the end of the Titanic, the wind blowing his long blond hair all over the place. At the end of the boat is Loki, his mortal enemy, staring longingly out at the sea. The two embrace. Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” begins to play as the camera pans around the boat.
That’s the scene we’re imagining when we look at this Photoshopped poster displayed outside a Shanghai movie theater, at any rate.
Unfortunately, whoever wrote the Chinese text isn’t in on the joke—it looks like the generic promotional copy for “Thunder God 2: The Dark World,” as it’s called in China. The remix was based off this official poster featuring Natalie Portman in place of Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki.
Not much else is known about how the poster made it into a theater. But, as Reddit user Rubix89 states, someone knew exactly what they were doing: Hiddleston is a geek favorite who dominated Tumblr last year in the heyday of the Avengers fandom. Especially popular is “Thorki,” i.e. the slash fandom pairing of Thor/Loki and their not-very-brotherly love.
H/T Reddit | Photo via Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.