- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football 6 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
This is the ‘Thor’ movie poster fandom has dreamed of
“Thorki” comes to life in this Shanghai movie poster.
Thor races to the end of the Titanic, the wind blowing his long blond hair all over the place. At the end of the boat is Loki, his mortal enemy, staring longingly out at the sea. The two embrace. Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” begins to play as the camera pans around the boat.
That’s the scene we’re imagining when we look at this Photoshopped poster displayed outside a Shanghai movie theater, at any rate.
Unfortunately, whoever wrote the Chinese text isn’t in on the joke—it looks like the generic promotional copy for “Thunder God 2: The Dark World,” as it’s called in China. The remix was based off this official poster featuring Natalie Portman in place of Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki.
Not much else is known about how the poster made it into a theater. But, as Reddit user Rubix89 states, someone knew exactly what they were doing: Hiddleston is a geek favorite who dominated Tumblr last year in the heyday of the Avengers fandom. Especially popular is “Thorki,” i.e. the slash fandom pairing of Thor/Loki and their not-very-brotherly love.
H/T Reddit | Photo via Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.