- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 5 Years Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Here’s the ‘Sin City’ sequel trailer you’ve been waiting for
Frank Miller’s sleezy, stylish hit is back with an all-star cast.
Comics fans, Robert Rodriguez fans, Jessica Alba fans, Bruce WIllis fans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt fans, fans of hot girls doing striptease in Robert Rodriguez films…
Let’s face it, is there anyone who won’t be happy about Sin City: A Dame to Kill For? Well… women, maybe.
But we can’t help it: we enjoyed the first one and we’ll probably love this one, too. For starters, it’s just as gorgeous as its predecessor:
For another thing, just look at that cast. Joseph Gordon-Levitt probably won’t actually be reprising his Looper gig playing a younger version of Willis, but we don’t care, we’re down for whatever keeps pairing these two stars together. And we’re still not over Jessica Alba’s dancing in the first film, so let’s just say we’re pretty happy campers right now. But let’s face it—Sin City couldn’t be more blatant:
As for the rampant sexism that characterized its predecessor…. well. No one sends up sexist tropes by making them so over-the-top they become ridiculous and enjoyable quite like Robert Rodriguez. Still, we enjoyed the first film despite, not because, of its blatant violence and objectification of women. Now, with a title like A Dame to Kill For, it looks like the franchise is being boldly direct about the kind of movie we can expect.
So color us grudgingly excited. Who knows? Maybe the combined badassery of Alba and Rosario Dawson will be enough to overcome the series’ track record so far.
Otherwise, a whole bunch of our faves just lined up to produce a movie that will undoubtedly alienate 52 percent of its audience and leave us grudgingly wanting more.
Screengrab via YouTube; GIFs by Aja Romano
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.