- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge 5 Years Ago
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Today 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Today 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Today 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Today 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
- Julian Assange reportedly nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Today 10:27 AM
- Major U.S. airlines will soon implement nonbinary gender options Today 10:21 AM
- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt Today 8:42 AM
Message from Dr. Light: Get equipped with NHL ‘Mega Man’ sprites.
From the Anaheim Ducks to the Winnipeg Jets, adam4283 has turned 31 National Hockey League teams into amazing 8-bit Mega Man sprites. They’d be more at home shooting their way through an evil robot’s lair than facing off on the ice.
Old-school gamers will appreciate the original 1987 Mega Man sprites, and hockey nerds will notice that adam4283 even included the Minnesota North Stars, a team that was moved to Dallas in the early ‘90s.
Check out a few of the sprites below, or browse the whole 31-image series on imgur.
New York Rangers
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.