- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Geek dad of the year wallpapers house with mighty Marvel murals
This family home has walls covered with Wolverine.
We may have a new contender for Geek Dad of the Year.
Instead of going for store-bought posters or action figures, this dad is painting Marvel superhero murals throughout his house, including classic characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man.
Posting to Reddit, his son shared photos of their family home, where everyday wallpaper has been replaced with superhero paintings that reach from floor to ceiling. We’re not sure how relaxing it can be to have a giant picture of The Hulk snarling at you while you’re sitting in your home office, but there’s no denying that these murals are pretty darn cool.
According to the son’s Reddit posts, his father works in home repairs, and has to paint a lot of walls in plain old everyday block colors. It’s not surprising that he’s decided to go a more unique route in his own home.
As for the rest of the family, some Redditors were understandably curious about whether everyone was equally excited about having giant pictures of Wolverine throughout their family home. What does Mom think of all this? wondered one commenter. Is there a long-suffering wife somewhere in the background, barely tolerating her house being turned into one giant Marvel comics shrine?
Not so much. Apparently she wants the next mural to be a picture of Storm.
All photos via JasonBonsall/Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor