- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
These phenomenal cosplayers have brought the love of Rise of the Guardians‘ Jack Frost and Frozen‘s Queen Elsa to life.
But when it joins forces with other animated film fandoms, Frozen delivers something entirely different: an epic, original love story between two lonely ice magicians. Now, an incredible cosplay group is bringing the love of Queen Elsa and Rise of the Guardians’ Jack Frost to life.
The romance of Jack and Elsa, or “Jelsa,” as its largely Tumblr-based fandom of shippers has dubbed it, is an entirely fan-created pairing. The characters are from two films from different animation studios. Jack Frost is a product of Dreamworks. It’s unlikely he’d ever actually star in a crossover with Disney’s Elsa. But as you can see from this epic photoshoot by Korean photographer “Lento,” they’re a match made in Frost Heaven:
The photoshoot features cosplayer Ato Kyol as Elsa and friend Delight as Jack.
Can we just say we’re in love?
The Jelsa fandom exploded in November shortly after the release of Frozen. Along with an epic five-way crossover fandom known as the Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons, it’s part of a new and exciting online fandom for animated films. But Jelsa is something apart from the rest, because it demonstrates just how perfect a good crossover can be. After all, what’s more perfect than pairing two white-haired, blue-adorned, solitary-by-choice magicians whose ice magic keeps them forever isolated from companionship? C’mon, these two are obviously OTP.
It shouldn’t be possible for cosplay to turn you into a giant vat of emotions. Congrats, Korea. Just when we thought Japan had given us some next-level cosplay, you guys just raised the bar.
After you’re done sobbing, that is.
All photos by “Lento” featuring Ato Kyeol and Delight via llento.woobi.co.kr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.