- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
These phenomenal cosplayers have brought the love of Rise of the Guardians‘ Jack Frost and Frozen‘s Queen Elsa to life.
But when it joins forces with other animated film fandoms, Frozen delivers something entirely different: an epic, original love story between two lonely ice magicians. Now, an incredible cosplay group is bringing the love of Queen Elsa and Rise of the Guardians’ Jack Frost to life.
The romance of Jack and Elsa, or “Jelsa,” as its largely Tumblr-based fandom of shippers has dubbed it, is an entirely fan-created pairing. The characters are from two films from different animation studios. Jack Frost is a product of Dreamworks. It’s unlikely he’d ever actually star in a crossover with Disney’s Elsa. But as you can see from this epic photoshoot by Korean photographer “Lento,” they’re a match made in Frost Heaven:
The photoshoot features cosplayer Ato Kyol as Elsa and friend Delight as Jack.
Can we just say we’re in love?
The Jelsa fandom exploded in November shortly after the release of Frozen. Along with an epic five-way crossover fandom known as the Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons, it’s part of a new and exciting online fandom for animated films. But Jelsa is something apart from the rest, because it demonstrates just how perfect a good crossover can be. After all, what’s more perfect than pairing two white-haired, blue-adorned, solitary-by-choice magicians whose ice magic keeps them forever isolated from companionship? C’mon, these two are obviously OTP.
It shouldn’t be possible for cosplay to turn you into a giant vat of emotions. Congrats, Korea. Just when we thought Japan had given us some next-level cosplay, you guys just raised the bar.
After you’re done sobbing, that is.
All photos by “Lento” featuring Ato Kyeol and Delight via llento.woobi.co.kr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.