- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ 5 Years Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
These phenomenal cosplayers have brought the love of Rise of the Guardians‘ Jack Frost and Frozen‘s Queen Elsa to life.
But when it joins forces with other animated film fandoms, Frozen delivers something entirely different: an epic, original love story between two lonely ice magicians. Now, an incredible cosplay group is bringing the love of Queen Elsa and Rise of the Guardians’ Jack Frost to life.
The romance of Jack and Elsa, or “Jelsa,” as its largely Tumblr-based fandom of shippers has dubbed it, is an entirely fan-created pairing. The characters are from two films from different animation studios. Jack Frost is a product of Dreamworks. It’s unlikely he’d ever actually star in a crossover with Disney’s Elsa. But as you can see from this epic photoshoot by Korean photographer “Lento,” they’re a match made in Frost Heaven:
The photoshoot features cosplayer Ato Kyol as Elsa and friend Delight as Jack.
Can we just say we’re in love?
The Jelsa fandom exploded in November shortly after the release of Frozen. Along with an epic five-way crossover fandom known as the Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons, it’s part of a new and exciting online fandom for animated films. But Jelsa is something apart from the rest, because it demonstrates just how perfect a good crossover can be. After all, what’s more perfect than pairing two white-haired, blue-adorned, solitary-by-choice magicians whose ice magic keeps them forever isolated from companionship? C’mon, these two are obviously OTP.
It shouldn’t be possible for cosplay to turn you into a giant vat of emotions. Congrats, Korea. Just when we thought Japan had given us some next-level cosplay, you guys just raised the bar.
After you’re done sobbing, that is.
All photos by “Lento” featuring Ato Kyeol and Delight via llento.woobi.co.kr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.