- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
Fans help Jack Frost and Queen Elsa find magical, frosty love
These phenomenal cosplayers have brought the love of Rise of the Guardians‘ Jack Frost and Frozen‘s Queen Elsa to life.
But when it joins forces with other animated film fandoms, Frozen delivers something entirely different: an epic, original love story between two lonely ice magicians. Now, an incredible cosplay group is bringing the love of Queen Elsa and Rise of the Guardians’ Jack Frost to life.
The romance of Jack and Elsa, or “Jelsa,” as its largely Tumblr-based fandom of shippers has dubbed it, is an entirely fan-created pairing. The characters are from two films from different animation studios. Jack Frost is a product of Dreamworks. It’s unlikely he’d ever actually star in a crossover with Disney’s Elsa. But as you can see from this epic photoshoot by Korean photographer “Lento,” they’re a match made in Frost Heaven:
The photoshoot features cosplayer Ato Kyol as Elsa and friend Delight as Jack.
Can we just say we’re in love?
The Jelsa fandom exploded in November shortly after the release of Frozen. Along with an epic five-way crossover fandom known as the Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons, it’s part of a new and exciting online fandom for animated films. But Jelsa is something apart from the rest, because it demonstrates just how perfect a good crossover can be. After all, what’s more perfect than pairing two white-haired, blue-adorned, solitary-by-choice magicians whose ice magic keeps them forever isolated from companionship? C’mon, these two are obviously OTP.
It shouldn’t be possible for cosplay to turn you into a giant vat of emotions. Congrats, Korea. Just when we thought Japan had given us some next-level cosplay, you guys just raised the bar.
After you’re done sobbing, that is.
All photos by “Lento” featuring Ato Kyeol and Delight via llento.woobi.co.kr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.