- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
Disney princesses get superheroic makeovers on Tumblr
Artist AegisKitty reimagines Snow White, Ariel, and your other Disney faves as Marvel and DC superheroes.
If the Internet loves one thing, it’s a good mashup, especially when it comes to the leading ladies of Disney. The Disney princesses have been mashed up with movies like Star Wars and even received an entire species change when one Tumblr artist combined them with sloths.
Now Tumblr blogger Aegiskitty has created an impressive series called “Super Disney” that combines the royal women with DC and Marvel comic book superheroes.
There are currently 7 illustrations in the series including Beauty and the Beast’s Belle as Rogue from X-Men and Snow White as DC Comics’ Wonder Woman.
In her latest “Super Disney” post, Aegiskitty mentions continuing the series with an illustration of Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, so keep a lookout for more Disney princesses both old and new getting the superhero treatment.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.