- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Peter Griffin eulogizes Carrie Fisher’s character on ‘Family Guy’
Fisher, who voiced Peter Griffin’s supervisor Angela on the show for 25 episodes, had recorded several episodes of the show prior to her death in 2016, which aired last year. But after those episodes aired, Family Guy decided not to recast the role and instead killed off the character.
The latest episode of the long-running series saw two new bosses arrive at the Pawtucket Brewery while Peter offered his own eulogy for his former boss at her funeral. It’s as silly and irreverent as you’d expect to come from Family Guy as Peter jumbles word definitions, pop culture references, and tidbits about his boss, but there’s still a level of respect and affection for the actress who voices her underneath it all. Even nearly two years after Fisher’s death, the tribute still hits close to home.
Now if only Peter can pull that off again at the right funeral this time.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.