- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Tuesday 1:47 PM
- The 18 best Korean beauty sheet masks Tuesday 1:25 PM
Peter Griffin eulogizes Carrie Fisher’s character on ‘Family Guy’
Fisher, who voiced Peter Griffin’s supervisor Angela on the show for 25 episodes, had recorded several episodes of the show prior to her death in 2016, which aired last year. But after those episodes aired, Family Guy decided not to recast the role and instead killed off the character.
The latest episode of the long-running series saw two new bosses arrive at the Pawtucket Brewery while Peter offered his own eulogy for his former boss at her funeral. It’s as silly and irreverent as you’d expect to come from Family Guy as Peter jumbles word definitions, pop culture references, and tidbits about his boss, but there’s still a level of respect and affection for the actress who voices her underneath it all. Even nearly two years after Fisher’s death, the tribute still hits close to home.
Now if only Peter can pull that off again at the right funeral this time.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.