- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb 3 Months Ago
- Mark Duplass and Ray Romano transcend the typical bromance in ‘Paddleton’ 3 Months Ago
- 15 new thrillers on Netflix you need to see 3 Months Ago
- Indie horror movie ‘The Hole in the Ground’ is legit terrifying Today 6:40 AM
- Every Apex Legends character, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ delivers a powerfully political episode Thursday 8:30 PM
- Bowser is taking over Nintendo—and the memes make themselves Thursday 7:02 PM
- California aims to strengthen data breach notification law Thursday 5:37 PM
- Feds say college student operated drug business through gaming app Thursday 4:36 PM
- Trump is again using old videos to claim his border wall is ‘under construction’ Thursday 4:05 PM
- Laura Loomer leads fruitless right-wing march on Twitter Thursday 3:37 PM
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Thursday 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Thursday 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Thursday 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Thursday 12:44 PM
The Cloud9 player breaks the internet.
Esports star Zach “Sneaky” Scuderi has a side gig as a cosplayer, and his latest shoot may be his best yet.
Sneaky plays for Cloud9 as an AD Carry in Riot’s MOBA League of Legends. Over the past year, he’s also built an online following thanks to his crossplay photoshoots, or cosplay involving crossdressing. This time around, Sneaky embraced Super Mario Bros’ Peach and the fandom’s feminized Bowser meme, Bowsette.
Both shoots feature the esports star with breast forms added to his outfit—or “a little extra,” as he teases. Per usual, photos, makeup, and props are all supplied by his girlfriend, fellow cosplayer Esther Lynn.
— Zach Scuderi (@Sneaky) November 27, 2018
Twitter quickly caught Sneaky’s latest look and fell in love. After all, the esports world could use a few more boys in dresses.
SNEAKY STOP OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG pic.twitter.com/ndlRu3zsmx
— insta: riyuuka1 (@Riyuuka_) November 27, 2018
— breebunn (@breebunn) November 28, 2018
Oh my wow!!! 👀👀👀
— Joanne (@joanneofarclol) November 28, 2018
These skins leave me Peachless
— Kien Lam (@MeanMisterKien) November 27, 2018
You are improving it every single time.
— Olleh (@TLOlleh) November 27, 2018
I’m jealous as fuck to be completely honest here
— Marissa Brown (@Mushyee) November 28, 2018
YOU'RE BETTER AT BEING A GIRL THAN ME
— Lilly❁ (@Lillyvnv) November 27, 2018
It doesn’t hurt that Sneaky and his girlfriend went all-out this time around, complete with prosthetics that look incredibly realistic. Twitter wants some answers.
Sneaky is evolved.. Even got the breasts done
— Marcel Feldkamp (@MarcelFeldkamp) November 28, 2018
Where did you get them and can I get a pair too
— Ovilee (@OvileeMay) November 27, 2018
Hmm thats little extra work i can see 🧐🧐
— Reapered (@Reapered) November 27, 2018
OOOFF 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/MWbRII4ayE
— Amanda Louis L (@pandamanda1402) November 28, 2018
Bro just retire League tbh. Get that premium Snap moey.
— 韵 (@Rhymetxt) November 27, 2018
In other words, Sneaky is the ultimate gamer, and he’s king (and queen) of the esports world.
— marxist-lemonist (@riglow) November 27, 2018
is this my new wife https://t.co/PTbvk0EWOA
— エリー [semi-hiatus] (@geminerrie) November 28, 2018
How is he allowed to be so hot https://t.co/kjPHH2mIsJ
— Dom (@Pluidom) November 28, 2018
Even an official League of Legends Twitter account joined in on the fun.
As for why Sneaky’s cosplay is so popular, fans want to see his cosplay because it’s crossplay, not in spite of it. Dot Esports reporter Nicole Carpenter stresses that Sneaky is challenging esports by introducing non-normative ways of thinking about gender and cosplay.
“Esports is very heteronormative and his cosplay choices are moving the boundaries—and folks want that boundary of what’s acceptable to expand,” Carpenter told the Daily Dot. (This reporter used to work for Dot Esports, an esports publisher that was previously a part of the Daily Dot.)
This isn’t the first time Sneaky went viral with his crossplay looks. In November, Sneaky cosplayed as Dynasty Ahri from League of Legends. Then there’s his iconic Halloween cosplay, where he donned an outfit for Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha, complete with thigh highs and a pink schoolgirl outfit.
— Zach Scuderi (@Sneaky) October 31, 2018
- Twitch emotes: A beginner’s guide to the most-used ones
- What are Incels? Why Reddit Incels are nothing to laugh at
- The 10 best anime on Hulu right now
Suffice to say, fans can expect more Sneaky cosplay in the near future too, as he teased in late October that “many streams and cosplays are coming soon” during his off-season.
Ana Valens is an LGBTQ reporter and essayist for the Daily Dot. Her work has previously appeared in Bitch, the Establishment, Vice's Waypoint, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.