- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix 10 Months Ago
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives 10 Months Ago
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
- Trump calls for investigation into Obama’s Netflix deal—gets memed instead Today 11:37 AM
- Students won’t be disciplined for blackface photo, university says Today 11:18 AM
Esports star Zach “Sneaky” Scuderi has a side gig as a cosplayer, and his latest shoot may be his best yet.
Sneaky plays for Cloud9 as an AD Carry in Riot’s MOBA League of Legends. Over the past year, he’s also built an online following thanks to his crossplay photoshoots, or cosplay involving crossdressing. This time around, Sneaky embraced Super Mario Bros’ Peach and the fandom’s feminized Bowser meme, Bowsette.
Both shoots feature the esports star with breast forms added to his outfit—or “a little extra,” as he teases. Per usual, photos, makeup, and props are all supplied by his girlfriend, fellow cosplayer Esther Lynn.
Twitter quickly caught Sneaky’s latest look and fell in love. After all, the esports world could use a few more boys in dresses.
SNEAKY STOP OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG pic.twitter.com/ndlRu3zsmx— insta: riyuuka1 (@Riyuuka_) November 27, 2018
Bowchikawosette— Kien Lam (@MeanMisterKien) November 27, 2018
These skins leave me Peachless
You are improving it every single time.— Olleh (@TLOlleh) November 27, 2018
I’m jealous as fuck to be completely honest here— Marissa Brown (@Mushyee) November 28, 2018
YOU'RE BETTER AT BEING A GIRL THAN ME— Lilly❁ (@Lillyvnv) November 27, 2018
It doesn’t hurt that Sneaky and his girlfriend went all-out this time around, complete with prosthetics that look incredibly realistic. Twitter wants some answers.
Sneaky is evolved.. Even got the breasts done— Marcel Feldkamp (@MarcelFeldkamp) November 28, 2018
Where did you get them and can I get a pair too— Ovilee (@OvileeMay) November 27, 2018
Bro just retire League tbh. Get that premium Snap moey.— 韵 (@Rhymetxt) November 27, 2018
In other words, Sneaky is the ultimate gamer, and he’s king (and queen) of the esports world.
is this my new wife https://t.co/PTbvk0EWOA— エリー [semi-hiatus] (@geminerrie) November 28, 2018
How is he allowed to be so hot https://t.co/kjPHH2mIsJ— Dom (@Pluidom) November 28, 2018
Even an official League of Legends Twitter account joined in on the fun.
As for why Sneaky’s cosplay is so popular, fans want to see his cosplay because it’s crossplay, not in spite of it. Dot Esports reporter Nicole Carpenter stresses that Sneaky is challenging esports by introducing non-normative ways of thinking about gender and cosplay.
“Esports is very heteronormative and his cosplay choices are moving the boundaries—and folks want that boundary of what’s acceptable to expand,” Carpenter told the Daily Dot. (This reporter used to work for Dot Esports, an esports publisher that was previously a part of the Daily Dot.)
This isn’t the first time Sneaky went viral with his crossplay looks. In November, Sneaky cosplayed as Dynasty Ahri from League of Legends. Then there’s his iconic Halloween cosplay, where he donned an outfit for Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha, complete with thigh highs and a pink schoolgirl outfit.
- Twitch emotes: A beginner’s guide to the most-used ones
- What are Incels? Why Reddit Incels are nothing to laugh at
- The 10 best anime on Hulu right now
Suffice to say, fans can expect more Sneaky cosplay in the near future too, as he teased in late October that “many streams and cosplays are coming soon” during his off-season.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.