- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Today 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
The Cloud9 player breaks the internet.
Esports star Zach “Sneaky” Scuderi has a side gig as a cosplayer, and his latest shoot may be his best yet.
Sneaky plays for Cloud9 as an AD Carry in Riot’s MOBA League of Legends. Over the past year, he’s also built an online following thanks to his crossplay photoshoots, or cosplay involving crossdressing. This time around, Sneaky embraced Super Mario Bros’ Peach and the fandom’s feminized Bowser meme, Bowsette.
Both shoots feature the esports star with breast forms added to his outfit—or “a little extra,” as he teases. Per usual, photos, makeup, and props are all supplied by his girlfriend, fellow cosplayer Esther Lynn.
— Zach Scuderi (@Sneaky) November 27, 2018
Twitter quickly caught Sneaky’s latest look and fell in love. After all, the esports world could use a few more boys in dresses.
SNEAKY STOP OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG pic.twitter.com/ndlRu3zsmx
— insta: riyuuka1 (@Riyuuka_) November 27, 2018
— breebunn (@breebunn) November 28, 2018
Oh my wow!!! 👀👀👀
— Joanne (@joanneofarclol) November 28, 2018
These skins leave me Peachless
— Kien Lam (@MeanMisterKien) November 27, 2018
You are improving it every single time.
— Olleh (@TLOlleh) November 27, 2018
I’m jealous as fuck to be completely honest here
— Marissa Brown (@Mushyee) November 28, 2018
YOU'RE BETTER AT BEING A GIRL THAN ME
— Lilly❁ (@Lillyvnv) November 27, 2018
It doesn’t hurt that Sneaky and his girlfriend went all-out this time around, complete with prosthetics that look incredibly realistic. Twitter wants some answers.
Sneaky is evolved.. Even got the breasts done
— Marcel Feldkamp (@MarcelFeldkamp) November 28, 2018
Where did you get them and can I get a pair too
— Ovilee (@OvileeMay) November 27, 2018
Hmm thats little extra work i can see 🧐🧐
— Reapered (@Reapered) November 27, 2018
OOOFF 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/MWbRII4ayE
— Amanda Louis ✿ Panderp @ AMG-CHAN (@pandamanda1402) November 28, 2018
Bro just retire League tbh. Get that premium Snap moey.
— 韵 (@Rhymetxt) November 27, 2018
In other words, Sneaky is the ultimate gamer, and he’s king (and queen) of the esports world.
— marxist-lemonist (@riglow) November 27, 2018
is this my new wife https://t.co/PTbvk0EWOA
— エリー [semi-hiatus] (@geminerrie) November 28, 2018
How is he allowed to be so hot https://t.co/kjPHH2mIsJ
— Dom (@Pluidom) November 28, 2018
Even an official League of Legends Twitter account joined in on the fun.
As for why Sneaky’s cosplay is so popular, fans want to see his cosplay because it’s crossplay, not in spite of it. Dot Esports reporter Nicole Carpenter stresses that Sneaky is challenging esports by introducing non-normative ways of thinking about gender and cosplay.
“Esports is very heteronormative and his cosplay choices are moving the boundaries—and folks want that boundary of what’s acceptable to expand,” Carpenter told the Daily Dot. (This reporter used to work for Dot Esports, an esports publisher that was previously a part of the Daily Dot.)
This isn’t the first time Sneaky went viral with his crossplay looks. In November, Sneaky cosplayed as Dynasty Ahri from League of Legends. Then there’s his iconic Halloween cosplay, where he donned an outfit for Astolfo from Fate/Apocrypha, complete with thigh highs and a pink schoolgirl outfit.
— Zach Scuderi (@Sneaky) October 31, 2018
- Twitch emotes: A beginner’s guide to the most-used ones
- What are Incels? Why Reddit Incels are nothing to laugh at
- The 10 best anime on Hulu right now
Suffice to say, fans can expect more Sneaky cosplay in the near future too, as he teased in late October that “many streams and cosplays are coming soon” during his off-season.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Waypoint, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.