- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement 2 Years Ago
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Today 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Today 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
Even after seven seasons of Game of Thrones, people are still shocked to discover Emilia Clarke is brunette. Yes, Daenerys Targaryen’s luxuriant blonde hair is a wig. But is that going to change for the final season?
According to a new Instagram post, Clarke may have ditched her wig in favor of a dye job. With a nod to the creators of her “Khaleesi wig,” she posted a photo of herself with newly platinum blonde hair. For those who aren’t well-versed in the art of haircare, there’s a reason why she didn’t do this from season 1. This kind of intense bleaching seriously fries your hair, risking long-term damage if you keep doing it.
Of course, her natural hair is pretty short, so maybe she’ll sport some extensions as well. But Daenerys could get a drastic haircut in season 8, who knows?
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor