- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
In the newest episode of the Star Wars Show, Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover sat down with Andi Gutierrez to chat about Solo: A Star Wars Movie. It’s pretty light on plot details, but Ehrenreich and Glover talked about their initial reactions to being cast as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively, and where they drew their inspirations. (The interview starts around the 2:49 mark.) While Ehrenreich’s reaction involved a lot of words he couldn’t say on a family-friendly show and experiencing the silence upon telling family and friends. One of Glover’s initial responses was about as far from that—and straight to the source—as you could get.
“The day I found out I got it, I remember, I bought, like, a whole pizza and went home and watched Empire Strikes Back,” Glover said. “That was definitely the beginning, but then I just watched a bunch of other cool ’70s, stuff that I thought would be like his kind of style.”
Although most of us will never end up in a Star Wars movie, Glover’s response—a self-date night with a pizza and Empire Strikes Back—does sound very tempting right about now to get into a good mindset for Solo and Lando’s first cinematic turn.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.