- All the things Trump boasted about in 2018 that didn’t actually happen 8 Months Ago
- How to watch Freeform online for free 8 Months Ago
- Amazon Fire TV Cube: What You Need to Know Today 5:30 AM
- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Sunday 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Sunday 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Sunday 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Sunday 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
Donald Glover ate a whole pizza and watched ‘Empire Strikes Back’ after getting cast as Lando
In the newest episode of the Star Wars Show, Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover sat down with Andi Gutierrez to chat about Solo: A Star Wars Movie. It’s pretty light on plot details, but Ehrenreich and Glover talked about their initial reactions to being cast as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively, and where they drew their inspirations. (The interview starts around the 2:49 mark.) While Ehrenreich’s reaction involved a lot of words he couldn’t say on a family-friendly show and experiencing the silence upon telling family and friends. One of Glover’s initial responses was about as far from that—and straight to the source—as you could get.
“The day I found out I got it, I remember, I bought, like, a whole pizza and went home and watched Empire Strikes Back,” Glover said. “That was definitely the beginning, but then I just watched a bunch of other cool ’70s, stuff that I thought would be like his kind of style.”
Although most of us will never end up in a Star Wars movie, Glover’s response—a self-date night with a pizza and Empire Strikes Back—does sound very tempting right about now to get into a good mindset for Solo and Lando’s first cinematic turn.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.