- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Donald Glover ate a whole pizza and watched ‘Empire Strikes Back’ after getting cast as Lando
In the newest episode of the Star Wars Show, Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover sat down with Andi Gutierrez to chat about Solo: A Star Wars Movie. It’s pretty light on plot details, but Ehrenreich and Glover talked about their initial reactions to being cast as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively, and where they drew their inspirations. (The interview starts around the 2:49 mark.) While Ehrenreich’s reaction involved a lot of words he couldn’t say on a family-friendly show and experiencing the silence upon telling family and friends. One of Glover’s initial responses was about as far from that—and straight to the source—as you could get.
“The day I found out I got it, I remember, I bought, like, a whole pizza and went home and watched Empire Strikes Back,” Glover said. “That was definitely the beginning, but then I just watched a bunch of other cool ’70s, stuff that I thought would be like his kind of style.”
Although most of us will never end up in a Star Wars movie, Glover’s response—a self-date night with a pizza and Empire Strikes Back—does sound very tempting right about now to get into a good mindset for Solo and Lando’s first cinematic turn.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.