- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer 3 Years Ago
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Today 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
Hello, what have we here?
The film, which is set to be released in 2018, chronicles Solo’s formative years yet to be unearthed on the big screen. Naturally, his relationship with Calrissian is explored more in depth and long before the charismatic hustler lost the Millennium Falcon to Solo in a card game that changed both their lives.
Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are simply ecstatic to be welcoming Glover to the cast, effectively passing the torch from Billy Dee Williams to another multitalented artist.
“These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations,” Lord and Miller said in a press release. “Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”
Though known for his roles in Community and Atlanta, some of Glover’s most fiery performances can be seen onstage under the Childish Gambino moniker. His fiery rhymes have earned him high billing on notable festivals around the world.
Needless to say, his talents have made him a perfect fit to play Calrissian, and not just in the wardrobe department.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.