- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Hello, what have we here?
The film, which is set to be released in 2018, chronicles Solo’s formative years yet to be unearthed on the big screen. Naturally, his relationship with Calrissian is explored more in depth and long before the charismatic hustler lost the Millennium Falcon to Solo in a card game that changed both their lives.
Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are simply ecstatic to be welcoming Glover to the cast, effectively passing the torch from Billy Dee Williams to another multitalented artist.
“These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations,” Lord and Miller said in a press release. “Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”
Though known for his roles in Community and Atlanta, some of Glover’s most fiery performances can be seen onstage under the Childish Gambino moniker. His fiery rhymes have earned him high billing on notable festivals around the world.
Needless to say, his talents have made him a perfect fit to play Calrissian, and not just in the wardrobe department.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.