- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Texans in NFL Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Browns in Week 6 NFL action Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Vikings in Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jaguars in Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ gives closure to Jesse Pinkman and fans Saturday 11:55 AM
- Zedd ‘permanently banned’ from China after liking ‘South Park’ tweet Saturday 11:50 AM
Each Disney+ spinoff is a big-budget miniseries, running from six to eight episodes. Here’s everything we know about Loki, from casting updates to news about the show’s overall concept and its connection to the Thor franchise.
The first official photo arrived on June 10 – a slightly blurry shot behind producer Kevin Feige, showing Loki in front of a cinema showing Jaws. Since Jaws came out in 1975, does this confirm the show takes place during different time periods?
Loki show cast
Tom Hiddleston will reprise his role, with no other cast members confirmed as of yet. Chris Hemsworth isn’t expected to appear, but we could see supporting characters from the Thor movies like Lady Sif and the Warriors Three.
Loki show creative team
Writer Michael Waldron (Community, Rick and Morty) will serve as showrunner. Kate Herron (Netflix’s Sex Education) will direct.
- MCU Phase 1: The rise of the Avengers
- MCU Phase 2: All the movies you need to see
- MCU Phase 3: Why it’s the best in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- MCU Phase 4: Everything we know so far
Loki show plot
This section includes spoilers for Avengers: Endgame.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “[T]he show will follow Loki as the trickster and shape-shifter pops up throughout human history as an unlikely influencer on historical events.” However, Marvel hasn’t confirmed this as an official synopsis yet.
As with Marvel’s other Disney+ shows, there’s a lot of speculation about when Loki will take place in the MCU timeline. Loki supposedly died in Infinity War, but Endgame created an alternate timeline where he escaped after the events of Avengers in 2012. This means the show could pick up before the events of Thor: The Dark World, branching off into a new storyline. Obviously this erases all the character development we saw in the latter two Thor movies, but it also allows more opportunity for Loki to act as a solo character—a key issue for the Disney+ show, which is unlikely to involve Chris Hemsworth.
The Hollywood Reporter‘s plot summary could also suggest a prequel series about Loki during his younger years, which fits earlier rumors about a show where Tom Hiddleston will only appear in some episodes, with another actor playing a younger version of the character.
Loki show release date
During an April 2019 announcement for the Disney+ release slate, Loki was listed for “Year 2.” Disney+ launches in November 2019 with Falcon and the Winter Soldier as the first Marvel spinoff, so we can expect Loki in late 2020 or early 2021.
Loki show trailer
We can expect a trailer to arrive sometime in 2020.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor