- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
- Uber, Lyft dragged for surging prices during mass shooting (updated) Thursday 11:06 AM
- The legacies of colonialism loom in Netflix’s new horror show ‘Ares’ Thursday 10:41 AM
- College student arrested in China after tweeting about Xi Jinping Thursday 10:37 AM
Each Disney+ spinoff is a big-budget miniseries, running from six to eight episodes. Here’s everything we know about Loki, from casting updates to news about the show’s overall concept and its connection to the Thor franchise.
The first official photo arrived on June 10, 2019—a slightly blurry shot behind producer Kevin Feige, showing Loki in front of a cinema showing Jaws. Since Jaws came out in 1975, this likely confirms the idea that this show takes place in multiple time periods.
Loki show cast
Tom Hiddleston will reprise his role, and while Chris Hemsworth isn’t expected to appear, we could see supporting characters from the Thor movies like Lady Sif and the Warriors Three.
Sophia Di Martino is the first new actor announced for the cast, playing an as-yet-unnamed role. The 36-year-old English actress is best known for starring in the British sitcom Flowers.
Loki show creative team
Writer Michael Waldron (Community, Rick and Morty) will serve as showrunner. Kate Herron (Netflix’s Sex Education) will direct.
- MCU Phase 1: The rise of the Avengers
- MCU Phase 2: All the movies you need to see
- MCU Phase 3: Why it’s the best in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- MCU Phase 4: Everything we know so far
Loki show plot
This section includes spoilers for Avengers: Endgame.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, “[T]he show will follow Loki as the trickster and shape-shifter pops up throughout human history as an unlikely influencer on historical events.” At San Diego Comic-Con in 2019, Marvel producer Kevin Feige confirmed that this version of Loki is the guy who escaped during the Avengers-era time travel scene in Avengers: Endgame, meaning the show takes place in a different timeline, and Loki hasn’t gone through the character development we saw in Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok.
Loki show release date
We can expect Loki to debut in spring 2021, with Marvel’s first Disney+ shows airing in 2020.
Loki show trailer
We can expect a trailer to arrive sometime in 2020.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor