- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch 1 Year Ago
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Today 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Today 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” Luna said in a statement. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”
As Variety reports, the series will take place before Rogue One and is being touted as a “rousing spy thriller.” It’s the latest series announced for Disney’s coming streaming service. Named Disney+, the platform is set to rival Netflix and Hulu and will have a number of Marvel Cinematic Universe shows and other spinoffs. Jon Favreau is set to direct another live-action Star Wars show for Disney called The Mandalorian.
There is not yet a release date for the series, but production is set to begin in 2019 after Luna wraps up shooting for the Netflix series Narcos.
- Star Wars: The complete movie calendar
- The fascinating history of the Star Wars movie logos
- The best order to watch the Star Wars movies
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.