- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Get psyched for Tuesday’s Destiny release with this badass game trailer
See it before it hits TV.
As if Destiny fans didn’t have enough to be losing their minds over so close to the game’s release, Bungie provided the cherry on top this afternoon with a new live-action trailer.
So far Destiny has been sold as a high-fantasy, space opera sort of game. Humanity’s almost extinct, giant space aliens lurk in the darkness, heroic warriors, that sort of thing. And while the beta was great, the characters themselves, the Guardians, were a little unrelatable.
A fire team of Guardians listening to Led Zeppelin while killing aliens on the Moon and Venus and Mars might be too much of a juxtaposition for some. Seeing that there are real humans using contemporary language behind those masks might, for others, play into the fiction that these Guardians are our descendants, and not high-fantasy types.
The “Become Legend” short was directed by Joseph Kosinski, who is also the director of Oblivion and TRON: Legacy, and will premiere on television tonight during the Seahawks/Packers game.
Destiny will be released for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on Tuesday. Of course, if you’re going to play Destiny, you probably already knew that, because you pre-ordered your copy ages ago.
Image via Bungie
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.