- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action 1 Year Ago
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Today 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
As the theatrical release of Solo: A Star Wars Story inches closer, we’re starting to see glimpses of the movie in unexpected places as a Denny’s commercial might give us our closest look yet at a scene that’s practically legend in Star Wars lore.
Lando Calrissian famously lost the Millennium Falcon to Han Solo in a game of sabacc (a card game played in the Star Wars galaxy), and in a new Denny’s commercial, we see a version of that game start to unfold. Han, Lando, and Chewbacca are in a seedy-looking cantina filled with suspicious-looking characters, performers, and plenty of detail. But no matter what they’re doing, the cantina falls silent as an alien shows its hands.
Some of the aliens sitting at Han and Lando’s table have already been featured in promotional images and the first trailer as Lando tries to read Han with a cool confidence. It’s usually iffy attempting to parse exactly how much of a tie-in commercial will factor into an upcoming Star Wars movie, though we imagine this game doesn’t end with Lando trading a Chewbacca or Han Solo card to win the game. But will this be the sabacc game that gives Han Solo the Millennium Falcon? We’ll have to wait to see how that hand plays out on May 25.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.