- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Sunday 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Sunday 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Sunday 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Sunday 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Sunday 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
Animation studio releases its ‘Deadpool’ test footage after FX drops the series
FX announced earlier this week that it wasn’t moving forward with the Deadpool series from Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover, but one of the animation studios that created test footage for the show released what it made, showing what we may have missed.
Titmouse Animation was among the animation studios vying to animate Deadpool, and in the wake of the show’s cancellation, it released test footage created in March 2017. For those who watched the live-action Deadpool movie, it’s pretty familiar.
We heard Deadpool suffered a brutal and premature demise, but we all know he's not really dead. Take a peek at our animation test, it's aight #donaldglover #ryanreynolds @donaldglover #brunchhttps://t.co/rlx7mTpkIs
— Titmouse Animation (@TitmouseInc) March 30, 2018
Titmouse used the same scene featured in the 2012 movie test footage that leaked and went viral, led to Deadpool being greenlit, and later appeared at the beginning of the film. It even uses Ryan Reynolds’ audio. Except instead of a highway in the middle of the day, this fight scene takes place on a dock at night. Although not all of the shots are complete, it features plenty of gags and shots that elevated this scene to another level that the live-action versions couldn’t quite capture—and it captured a lot.
Titmouse didn’t end up getting the job—Floyd County, which also animates Archer, was set to animate Deadpool—so even if Deadpool made it to TV it might have looked completely different. But we’re still amused by this, the humor packed into Donald Glover’s fake Deadpool script, and the revelation from Stephen Glover that there was a Taylor Swift episode of Deadpool that was apparently the “last straw,”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.