- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Animation studio releases its ‘Deadpool’ test footage after FX drops the series
FX announced earlier this week that it wasn’t moving forward with the Deadpool series from Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover, but one of the animation studios that created test footage for the show released what it made, showing what we may have missed.
Titmouse Animation was among the animation studios vying to animate Deadpool, and in the wake of the show’s cancellation, it released test footage created in March 2017. For those who watched the live-action Deadpool movie, it’s pretty familiar.
We heard Deadpool suffered a brutal and premature demise, but we all know he's not really dead. Take a peek at our animation test, it's aight #donaldglover #ryanreynolds @donaldglover #brunchhttps://t.co/rlx7mTpkIs
— Titmouse Animation (@TitmouseInc) March 30, 2018
Titmouse used the same scene featured in the 2012 movie test footage that leaked and went viral, led to Deadpool being greenlit, and later appeared at the beginning of the film. It even uses Ryan Reynolds’ audio. Except instead of a highway in the middle of the day, this fight scene takes place on a dock at night. Although not all of the shots are complete, it features plenty of gags and shots that elevated this scene to another level that the live-action versions couldn’t quite capture—and it captured a lot.
Titmouse didn’t end up getting the job—Floyd County, which also animates Archer, was set to animate Deadpool—so even if Deadpool made it to TV it might have looked completely different. But we’re still amused by this, the humor packed into Donald Glover’s fake Deadpool script, and the revelation from Stephen Glover that there was a Taylor Swift episode of Deadpool that was apparently the “last straw,”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.