- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
FX announced earlier this week that it wasn’t moving forward with the Deadpool series from Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover, but one of the animation studios that created test footage for the show released what it made, showing what we may have missed.
Titmouse Animation was among the animation studios vying to animate Deadpool, and in the wake of the show’s cancellation, it released test footage created in March 2017. For those who watched the live-action Deadpool movie, it’s pretty familiar.
We heard Deadpool suffered a brutal and premature demise, but we all know he's not really dead. Take a peek at our animation test, it's aight #donaldglover #ryanreynolds @donaldglover #brunchhttps://t.co/rlx7mTpkIs— Titmouse Animation (@TitmouseInc) March 30, 2018
Titmouse used the same scene featured in the 2012 movie test footage that leaked and went viral, led to Deadpool being greenlit, and later appeared at the beginning of the film. It even uses Ryan Reynolds’ audio. Except instead of a highway in the middle of the day, this fight scene takes place on a dock at night. Although not all of the shots are complete, it features plenty of gags and shots that elevated this scene to another level that the live-action versions couldn’t quite capture—and it captured a lot.
Titmouse didn’t end up getting the job—Floyd County, which also animates Archer, was set to animate Deadpool—so even if Deadpool made it to TV it might have looked completely different. But we’re still amused by this, the humor packed into Donald Glover’s fake Deadpool script, and the revelation from Stephen Glover that there was a Taylor Swift episode of Deadpool that was apparently the “last straw,”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.