- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Animation studio releases its ‘Deadpool’ test footage after FX drops the series
FX announced earlier this week that it wasn’t moving forward with the Deadpool series from Donald Glover and his brother Stephen Glover, but one of the animation studios that created test footage for the show released what it made, showing what we may have missed.
Titmouse Animation was among the animation studios vying to animate Deadpool, and in the wake of the show’s cancellation, it released test footage created in March 2017. For those who watched the live-action Deadpool movie, it’s pretty familiar.
We heard Deadpool suffered a brutal and premature demise, but we all know he's not really dead. Take a peek at our animation test, it's aight #donaldglover #ryanreynolds @donaldglover #brunchhttps://t.co/rlx7mTpkIs
— Titmouse Animation (@TitmouseInc) March 30, 2018
Titmouse used the same scene featured in the 2012 movie test footage that leaked and went viral, led to Deadpool being greenlit, and later appeared at the beginning of the film. It even uses Ryan Reynolds’ audio. Except instead of a highway in the middle of the day, this fight scene takes place on a dock at night. Although not all of the shots are complete, it features plenty of gags and shots that elevated this scene to another level that the live-action versions couldn’t quite capture—and it captured a lot.
Titmouse didn’t end up getting the job—Floyd County, which also animates Archer, was set to animate Deadpool—so even if Deadpool made it to TV it might have looked completely different. But we’re still amused by this, the humor packed into Donald Glover’s fake Deadpool script, and the revelation from Stephen Glover that there was a Taylor Swift episode of Deadpool that was apparently the “last straw,”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.