- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date 3 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings 3 Years Ago
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV Today 5:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
Deadpool narrated his own Honest Trailer, because of course he did
Hey that voice sounds familiar…
In perfect fourth-wall-breaking form, Deadpool wasn’t about to let Screen Junkies release its new Honest Trailer for his own damn movie without him.
Meta is kind of his thing.
The actor popped up in the newest installment in the video series. Screen Junkies apologized for being a bit late (the film came out in February), but clearly it was worth the wait to watch the real Deadpool rake his own movie over the coals.
“Look, the only reason I’m even here is to promote Deadpool, which is now out on Blu-Ray and DVD, blah, blah, blah, like anyone still fucking buys those glorified fucking drink coasters,” Reynolds grumbles. “So let’s be real, Honest Trailer guy, I’m way too big of a deal to be slumming it in some played-out webseries.”
Ha! Every meta-loving cell in our bodies is tingling. It only gets more NSFW as it goes on, and Deadpool fans will be giggling for every minute of it. And we thought Honest Trailers couldn’t get any better.
Love this post? Check out our new show, The Geek Awakens:
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.