- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Deadpool narrated his own Honest Trailer, because of course he did
Hey that voice sounds familiar…
In perfect fourth-wall-breaking form, Deadpool wasn’t about to let Screen Junkies release its new Honest Trailer for his own damn movie without him.
Meta is kind of his thing.
The actor popped up in the newest installment in the video series. Screen Junkies apologized for being a bit late (the film came out in February), but clearly it was worth the wait to watch the real Deadpool rake his own movie over the coals.
“Look, the only reason I’m even here is to promote Deadpool, which is now out on Blu-Ray and DVD, blah, blah, blah, like anyone still fucking buys those glorified fucking drink coasters,” Reynolds grumbles. “So let’s be real, Honest Trailer guy, I’m way too big of a deal to be slumming it in some played-out webseries.”
Ha! Every meta-loving cell in our bodies is tingling. It only gets more NSFW as it goes on, and Deadpool fans will be giggling for every minute of it. And we thought Honest Trailers couldn’t get any better.
Love this post? Check out our new show, The Geek Awakens:
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.