- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Tuesday 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Tuesday 12:35 PM
In perfect fourth-wall-breaking form, Deadpool wasn’t about to let Screen Junkies release its new Honest Trailer for his own damn movie without him.
Meta is kind of his thing.
The actor popped up in the newest installment in the video series. Screen Junkies apologized for being a bit late (the film came out in February), but clearly it was worth the wait to watch the real Deadpool rake his own movie over the coals.
“Look, the only reason I’m even here is to promote Deadpool, which is now out on Blu-Ray and DVD, blah, blah, blah, like anyone still fucking buys those glorified fucking drink coasters,” Reynolds grumbles. “So let’s be real, Honest Trailer guy, I’m way too big of a deal to be slumming it in some played-out webseries.”
Ha! Every meta-loving cell in our bodies is tingling. It only gets more NSFW as it goes on, and Deadpool fans will be giggling for every minute of it. And we thought Honest Trailers couldn’t get any better.
Love this post? Check out our new show, The Geek Awakens:
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.