- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
11 Deadpool toys and accessories we can’t live without
Pancakes may smell like victory, but these items smell—in one case literally—like Deadpool!
The Deadpool movie is less than a month away, and Marvel fans couldn’t be more excited to see the Merc with a Mouth on the big screen. For fans who’ve been waiting for this moment for years, these next few weeks might still feel like an eternity. Luckily, if you can’t wait that long, you can still get your Deadpool fix through a bumper crop of merchandise.
Wade Wilson has managed to inspire a wide range of collectibles and other products, from new and shiny movie tie-in products to handmade pieces made just for fans. Since this is Deadpool, it should be no surprise that there’s a lot of crazy variety on offer—meaning there’s something for every type of fan.
Here are 11 items to consider when you’re looking for that special blend of lovable sociopath and ass-kicking opportunist that only Deadpool can provide.
1) Hot Toys’ 1/6th-scale Collectible Figure
The new movie-accurate action figure from Hot Toys will please collectors and non-collectors alike. Not only does it come with Deadpool’s pistols and katanas, there are a number of ways you can change the detailed figure too. It comes with five interchangeable eye sets and different hands so you can change how you want the mercenary to express himself from one day to the next.
2) Guys Fragrance
Subtly take a bit of Deadpool with you wherever you go with the help of this cologne. We’re not sure which particular anti-hero odors inspired this fragrance. Numerous consumers have reported it as smelling “like heaven on Earth,” though one person described it as smelling “like grass and Latex.” Presumably this means it’s not quite like the combination of gun oil, cilantro, and rotting flesh that Daredevil describes during a notable encounter with our favorite decomposing vigilante.
3) Prints and Posters
Decorate your walls with the guy who likes to break the fourth one. There are a lot of great prints and posters you can choose from to find just the right piece to go with your decor. Some of the best options can be found on Etsy, Society6, and Redbubble. DeviantART also offers Deadpool prints from its users’ art collections. Among these platforms you’ll find every possible depiction of Wade Wilson, from quirky to dark, sinister to stylish.
4) Chimichanga Truck Pop! Vinyl Vehicle
As we’ve all learned from Deadpool, chimichanga is a great word to say, and with the help of this Deadpool Chimichanga truck Pop! Vinyl, you can have even more opportunities to say it. With this set you’ll receive a chimichanga truck and a Deadpool figure, so he can order chimichangas to his heart’s content. The figure also fittingly has a katana in one hand and a chimichanga in the other, which just makes this an irresistible product.
5) Pencil Holder
These days this item is hard to find, and if you do find it, it will cost you. This pencil holder will let you poke inside Deadpool’s head quite literally with your pens and pencils. It also comes with an arrow fletching cap and two shuriken shaped erasers to help you complete your writing tool arsenal. We’re sure Deadpool would approve of you releasing any violent urges you have at the end of the day by looking at this accessory on your desk and shoving writing implements into his head.
Let out all your violent rage and obscenities with the help of these piñatas—unless of course you’re at a kid’s party. In which case, don’t do that. Pinata Design Studio sells two types of Deadpool piñatas that you can choose from. You can go with classic Deadpool or zombie Deadpool. Feel free to stuff it with tacos, pancakes, or anything else Deadpool-approved!
7) Plastic Gelatin Mold
Even your food can be inspired by Wade Wilson if you use this gelatin mold. The mold will let you craft his head out of the gelatin of your choice and shows part of his brain to really get your stomach growling. It’s the perfect mutant-inspired treat for fans.
8) Throw Pillows
Show your passion for Deadpool with these comfortable throw pillows. Like the prints and posters, there are some awesome options available online that feature designs from the standard recognizable Deadpool to creative, silly crossovers. Redbubble in particular has some fantastic ones.
9) Head Bank
Forget sticking pencils in Deadpool’s head! Fill his noggin with money using this handy head bank to help you keep your change all in one place. You can even choose which Deadpool head you’d like: his classic costume or his X-Force gray and black costume.
If you want to give Deadpool a hug or a cuddle, there are numerous plushies inspired by his character. You can find Deadpool himself from official versions to handmade plushies or you can explore the more interesting animal options on Etsy like whale-pool, fox-pool, and dragon-pool.
11) Minimates Assemble Box Set
Now these are the heroes we want to see in an Avengers movie one day! This minimates Marvel set features Iron Deadpool, Captain Ameri-Pool, Thor-Pool, and Cable-Pool. With such a range of powers and weaponry, nothing will stand in Deadpool’s way, whether he’s fighting one of his enemies or trying to get chimichangas.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.