- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth 2 Years Ago
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism 2 Years Ago
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Kmitting social network bans all posts supporting Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
Daisy Ridley loves porgs as much as you do; Rey not so much
She has too much on her plate to be charmed by porgs.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi doesn’t come out for another month, but porgs are already one of the film’s breakout stars. Although they’re divisive among some Star Wars fans, porgs are cute and look cuddly and their screams can perfectly capture both pure joy and terror. Unfortunately, one of the movie’s heroes isn’t as fond of them as we seem to be.
In an interview with USA Today, Daisy Ridley—whose character starts The Last Jedi on the same planet that the porgs inhabit—says that Rey isn’t all that enamored with the porgs. It’s not that Rey has a negative opinion of porgs but rather she’s got too much on her plate to give them much thought.
“Rey, honestly, is too wrapped up in her own journey to pay attention to porgs,” Ridley explained. “Which is a sad thing.”
It makes sense, really. The majority of the scenes we’ve seen with Rey so far have teamed her up with Luke and show her in the thick of Jedi training. She might have some down time on Ahch-To, but hanging out with porgs and porglets probably don’t appear very high on her list.
Chewbacca, on the other hand…
Luckily, Rey’s apparent indifference toward porgs hasn’t affected Ridley at all. Using the words “hilarious” and “adorable” to describe them, Ridley said that porgs were “bringing a lot of pleasure right now.” And she even got to shoot with porgs, which involved porg puppets.
“It’s wonderful to be working around practical things on set that have such personality,” she said.
H/T USA Today
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.