- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
Fans have been debating Haynes’s sexuality for years, although Haynes has always kept mum about it. But on Saturday, he decided to respond to one of those posts.
The original poster had heard about his “secret gay past,” and was excited to learn about it. Haynes responded in a reblog, focusing in on one particular point: He had no idea his past was a secret.
He didn’t elaborate further on the post or his sexuality or label himself (something more celebrities are doing as of late), but some fans—and some reports—are reading into the comment as though Haynes had officially just come out of the closet.
Colton Haynes just affirmed he’s gay😍 pic.twitter.com/YsXAAaBjSE
— ️ (@postperfguyss) January 3, 2016
Colton Haynes came out and I’m so happy about life right now
— rootbeer luvr (@cxdrick) January 2, 2016
Some are looking at it with a more critical eye: Haynes didn’t label himself as gay, he only addressed a part of his past—one he doesn’t regret. For one, he did a 2006 photoshoot for X&Y Magazine that features him kissing another man. Others didn’t see the need to label Haynes or had already figured that he was out.
“Colton Haynes came out!!” – every gay who read that Tumblr post with their thirst and not with their eyes
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) January 2, 2016
Why is everyone so shocked about “Colton Haynes coming out” he’s been out since he left the womb
— ️ (@wolvesthetic) January 3, 2016
colton haynes has been bi forever why is everyone just now talking about him coming out
— 413 (@fivefootliv) January 3, 2016
Whatever the case may be, Haynes is living with no regrets, which fits with a tweet he posted only a day earlier about a pledge for the new year.
No fear this year. Cheers #2016
— Colton Haynes (@ColtonLHaynes) January 1, 2016
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.