- Hulu and George Clooney strike gold with ‘Catch-22’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to cut the cord when you’re broke Today 6:30 AM
- Jazz pianist turns Cardi B flex video, James Charles apology into viral bops Today 6:28 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Linux Today 6:00 AM
- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
‘Was it a secret?’
Fans have been debating Haynes’s sexuality for years, although Haynes has always kept mum about it. But on Saturday, he decided to respond to one of those posts.
The original poster had heard about his “secret gay past,” and was excited to learn about it. Haynes responded in a reblog, focusing in on one particular point: He had no idea his past was a secret.
He didn’t elaborate further on the post or his sexuality or label himself (something more celebrities are doing as of late), but some fans—and some reports—are reading into the comment as though Haynes had officially just come out of the closet.
Colton Haynes just affirmed he’s gay😍 pic.twitter.com/YsXAAaBjSE
— ️ (@postperfguyss) January 3, 2016
Colton Haynes came out and I’m so happy about life right now
— rootbeer luvr (@cxdrick) January 2, 2016
Some are looking at it with a more critical eye: Haynes didn’t label himself as gay, he only addressed a part of his past—one he doesn’t regret. For one, he did a 2006 photoshoot for X&Y Magazine that features him kissing another man. Others didn’t see the need to label Haynes or had already figured that he was out.
“Colton Haynes came out!!” – every gay who read that Tumblr post with their thirst and not with their eyes
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) January 2, 2016
Why is everyone so shocked about “Colton Haynes coming out” he’s been out since he left the womb
— ️ (@wolvesthetic) January 3, 2016
colton haynes has been bi forever why is everyone just now talking about him coming out
— 413 (@fivefootliv) January 3, 2016
Whatever the case may be, Haynes is living with no regrets, which fits with a tweet he posted only a day earlier about a pledge for the new year.
No fear this year. Cheers #2016
— Colton Haynes (@ColtonLHaynes) January 1, 2016
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.