- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Wednesday 12:33 PM
Fans have been debating Haynes’s sexuality for years, although Haynes has always kept mum about it. But on Saturday, he decided to respond to one of those posts.
The original poster had heard about his “secret gay past,” and was excited to learn about it. Haynes responded in a reblog, focusing in on one particular point: He had no idea his past was a secret.
He didn’t elaborate further on the post or his sexuality or label himself (something more celebrities are doing as of late), but some fans—and some reports—are reading into the comment as though Haynes had officially just come out of the closet.
Colton Haynes just affirmed he’s gay😍 pic.twitter.com/YsXAAaBjSE
— ️ (@postperfguyss) January 3, 2016
Colton Haynes came out and I’m so happy about life right now
— rootbeer luvr (@cxdrick) January 2, 2016
Some are looking at it with a more critical eye: Haynes didn’t label himself as gay, he only addressed a part of his past—one he doesn’t regret. For one, he did a 2006 photoshoot for X&Y Magazine that features him kissing another man. Others didn’t see the need to label Haynes or had already figured that he was out.
“Colton Haynes came out!!” – every gay who read that Tumblr post with their thirst and not with their eyes
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) January 2, 2016
Why is everyone so shocked about “Colton Haynes coming out” he’s been out since he left the womb
— ️ (@wolvesthetic) January 3, 2016
colton haynes has been bi forever why is everyone just now talking about him coming out
— 413 (@fivefootliv) January 3, 2016
Whatever the case may be, Haynes is living with no regrets, which fits with a tweet he posted only a day earlier about a pledge for the new year.
No fear this year. Cheers #2016
— Colton Haynes (@ColtonLHaynes) January 1, 2016
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.