- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
‘Was it a secret?’
Fans have been debating Haynes’s sexuality for years, although Haynes has always kept mum about it. But on Saturday, he decided to respond to one of those posts.
The original poster had heard about his “secret gay past,” and was excited to learn about it. Haynes responded in a reblog, focusing in on one particular point: He had no idea his past was a secret.
He didn’t elaborate further on the post or his sexuality or label himself (something more celebrities are doing as of late), but some fans—and some reports—are reading into the comment as though Haynes had officially just come out of the closet.
Colton Haynes just affirmed he’s gay😍 pic.twitter.com/YsXAAaBjSE
— ️ (@postperfguyss) January 3, 2016
Colton Haynes came out and I’m so happy about life right now
— rootbeer luvr (@cxdrick) January 2, 2016
Some are looking at it with a more critical eye: Haynes didn’t label himself as gay, he only addressed a part of his past—one he doesn’t regret. For one, he did a 2006 photoshoot for X&Y Magazine that features him kissing another man. Others didn’t see the need to label Haynes or had already figured that he was out.
“Colton Haynes came out!!” – every gay who read that Tumblr post with their thirst and not with their eyes
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) January 2, 2016
Why is everyone so shocked about “Colton Haynes coming out” he’s been out since he left the womb
— ️ (@wolvesthetic) January 3, 2016
colton haynes has been bi forever why is everyone just now talking about him coming out
— 413 (@fivefootliv) January 3, 2016
Whatever the case may be, Haynes is living with no regrets, which fits with a tweet he posted only a day earlier about a pledge for the new year.
No fear this year. Cheers #2016
— Colton Haynes (@ColtonLHaynes) January 1, 2016
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.