- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email 6 Years Ago
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot 6 Years Ago
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 6 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 6 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
Is Stephen Colbert secretly an agent of Hydra?
Trust no one in late night.
Some super-savvy Marvel fans spotted a disturbing message displayed during the intro of The Colbert Report’s Monday night episode.
— Ken Pringle (@MrKenPringle) April 22, 2014
Colbert has made it into the pages of a Marvel comic and has even been depicted as the Hulk by Joe Quesada. And when Captain America “died” in the comics in 2007, he gave his iconic, indestructible shield to Colbert, “the only man he believed had the red, white, and blue balls to carry the mantle.”
Cap doesn’t seem too happy about Colbert’s proclamation of “Hail Hydra!”
— Captain America (@CaptainAmerica) April 22, 2014
With Colbert set to take over The Late Show sometime in 2015, he’s about to get access to an even larger audience. Is this all part of an evil plot by Hydra? Or will Colbert’s apparent allegiance to the evil sleeper organization die with his character? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.