- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
Get ready for Civilization: Beyond Earth with this new teaser video
The release date is just weeks away.
Keeping a strategy franchise going for more than two decades occasionally means trying something new. Or, in the case of Civilization: Beyond Earth, trying something new for a second time.
Beyond Earth takes the Civilization formula and shifts it to outer space. It’s a play on one of the traditional ways to win Civ, by being the first civilization to build and launch a spaceship to colonize the planet Alpha Centauri.
When we previewed Beyond Earth at PAX Prime in August, we recognized all the fundamental elements of Civ gameplay, like controlling the development of individual cities, establishing diplomatic relations with other powers, and building and deploying military units. Beyond takes these elements, along with the game engine that ran Civilization V, and adds the sort of open-ended customization and technologies one might expect from a society beginning anew on another world.
This new video from developer Firaxis gives you a broad view of how the newest game in the Civilization series works:
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released for the PC on Oct. 24.
Image courtesy of 2K Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.