- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? 5 Years Ago
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
Get ready for Civilization: Beyond Earth with this intro video
The next chapter in the Civilization series is just days away.
Developer Firaxis has released the cinematic introduction to its upcoming strategy game Civilization: Beyond Earth, to set the stage for colonization of a new world.
One way to win a game of Civilization is to be the first civilization to build a spacecraft to colonize Alpha Centauri. Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri, released in 1999, took that victory scenario and spun it into an entirely separate game that married the basic Civilization formula to a science-fiction theme.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is a spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri. Beyond Earth similarly marries the Civ design to science fiction themes, but it takes place in a very different universe, narratively speaking. The intro cinematic sets up the story behind Beyond Earth and helps differentiate the two games.
Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on Oct. 24 for PC.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.