- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
People are celebrating National Pet Day with plenty of adorable and poignant tributes to their furry (or feathery or scaly) loved ones, and Chris Evans is no exception. This morning he shared a look at the first time he met his dog.
Evans’ love for his dog, Dodger, is well-documented, particularly when they’re separated for months at a time due to Evans’ filming schedule. But for National Pet Day, Evans dug deep into his arsenal of adorable Dodger photos and videos to pull up a clip he filmed from the first time the two met at a pet shelter. While it may take time for some owners to decide which pet they want to take to their forever home, Evans knew instantly that Dodger was the dog for him. (He also encouraged others to adopt rescue dogs.)
This is the moment we met. He was trying so hard to stay seated even though he desperately wanted to get out. I knew right away that he was coming home with me, so I took this video to always remember our first hello. Rescue dogs are the best dogs!! #NationalPetDay pic.twitter.com/XjWxPWGDPu— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) April 11, 2018
Dodger is much younger in this video than we’re used to seeing him on Evans’ social media feeds, but some of his spunk is still evident. He’s friendly and curious, but from the get-go, all he wants to do is get out of the cage and into Evans’ arms. He even attempts to stick his head through a gap in the door to say hello.
Man....my dog's energy level in the morning puts me in the greatest mood. He's a beautiful, fresh, new soul so happy to be alive.— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 14, 2016
And apart from Evans’ filming schedule keeping them thousands of miles away from each other, the two have been nearly inseparable ever since. Amid sharing promotion for his next film and getting political on Twitter, you can be sure to find some really great gems and glimpses of Dodger and his human on Evans’ feed.
'Excuse me, are u busy? Could I interest u in chasing squirrels with me outside? Or perhaps u could toss the frisbee? I have no plans today' pic.twitter.com/zj4AOfnFHJ— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 15, 2017
After 10 long weeks... pic.twitter.com/pZUvyLjHN5— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 3, 2017
This is Dodger’s stuffed lion. He loves it. He brings it everywhere. If you press it’s paw, it sings. Today, Dodger decided to join in. pic.twitter.com/CuH53VNVtF— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) November 7, 2017
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.