- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Saturday 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Saturday 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Saturday 6:30 AM
Here’s the moment Chris Evans first met his dog, and we’re swooning
It was love at first sight.
People are celebrating National Pet Day with plenty of adorable and poignant tributes to their furry (or feathery or scaly) loved ones, and Chris Evans is no exception. This morning he shared a look at the first time he met his dog.
Evans’ love for his dog, Dodger, is well-documented, particularly when they’re separated for months at a time due to Evans’ filming schedule. But for National Pet Day, Evans dug deep into his arsenal of adorable Dodger photos and videos to pull up a clip he filmed from the first time the two met at a pet shelter. While it may take time for some owners to decide which pet they want to take to their forever home, Evans knew instantly that Dodger was the dog for him. (He also encouraged others to adopt rescue dogs.)
This is the moment we met. He was trying so hard to stay seated even though he desperately wanted to get out. I knew right away that he was coming home with me, so I took this video to always remember our first hello. Rescue dogs are the best dogs!! #NationalPetDay pic.twitter.com/XjWxPWGDPu
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) April 11, 2018
Dodger is much younger in this video than we’re used to seeing him on Evans’ social media feeds, but some of his spunk is still evident. He’s friendly and curious, but from the get-go, all he wants to do is get out of the cage and into Evans’ arms. He even attempts to stick his head through a gap in the door to say hello.
Man….my dog's energy level in the morning puts me in the greatest mood. He's a beautiful, fresh, new soul so happy to be alive.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 14, 2016
And apart from Evans’ filming schedule keeping them thousands of miles away from each other, the two have been nearly inseparable ever since. Amid sharing promotion for his next film and getting political on Twitter, you can be sure to find some really great gems and glimpses of Dodger and his human on Evans’ feed.
'Excuse me, are u busy? Could I interest u in chasing squirrels with me outside? Or perhaps u could toss the frisbee? I have no plans today' pic.twitter.com/zj4AOfnFHJ
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 15, 2017
After 10 long weeks… pic.twitter.com/pZUvyLjHN5
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 3, 2017
This is Dodger’s stuffed lion. He loves it. He brings it everywhere. If you press it’s paw, it sings. Today, Dodger decided to join in. pic.twitter.com/CuH53VNVtF
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) November 7, 2017
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.