- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Here’s the moment Chris Evans first met his dog, and we’re swooning
It was love at first sight.
People are celebrating National Pet Day with plenty of adorable and poignant tributes to their furry (or feathery or scaly) loved ones, and Chris Evans is no exception. This morning he shared a look at the first time he met his dog.
Evans’ love for his dog, Dodger, is well-documented, particularly when they’re separated for months at a time due to Evans’ filming schedule. But for National Pet Day, Evans dug deep into his arsenal of adorable Dodger photos and videos to pull up a clip he filmed from the first time the two met at a pet shelter. While it may take time for some owners to decide which pet they want to take to their forever home, Evans knew instantly that Dodger was the dog for him. (He also encouraged others to adopt rescue dogs.)
This is the moment we met. He was trying so hard to stay seated even though he desperately wanted to get out. I knew right away that he was coming home with me, so I took this video to always remember our first hello. Rescue dogs are the best dogs!! #NationalPetDay pic.twitter.com/XjWxPWGDPu
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) April 11, 2018
Dodger is much younger in this video than we’re used to seeing him on Evans’ social media feeds, but some of his spunk is still evident. He’s friendly and curious, but from the get-go, all he wants to do is get out of the cage and into Evans’ arms. He even attempts to stick his head through a gap in the door to say hello.
Man….my dog's energy level in the morning puts me in the greatest mood. He's a beautiful, fresh, new soul so happy to be alive.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 14, 2016
And apart from Evans’ filming schedule keeping them thousands of miles away from each other, the two have been nearly inseparable ever since. Amid sharing promotion for his next film and getting political on Twitter, you can be sure to find some really great gems and glimpses of Dodger and his human on Evans’ feed.
'Excuse me, are u busy? Could I interest u in chasing squirrels with me outside? Or perhaps u could toss the frisbee? I have no plans today' pic.twitter.com/zj4AOfnFHJ
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) July 15, 2017
After 10 long weeks… pic.twitter.com/pZUvyLjHN5
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 3, 2017
This is Dodger’s stuffed lion. He loves it. He brings it everywhere. If you press it’s paw, it sings. Today, Dodger decided to join in. pic.twitter.com/CuH53VNVtF
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) November 7, 2017
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.