- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 1 Year Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
Unlike the children’s sitcom tone of the beloved 1990s Sabrina the Teenage Witch, this Sabrina looks pretty dark. However, you shouldn’t mistake this for another unnecessarily gritty reboot. Adapted from the original Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics (an Archie spinoff), this is a teen horror drama with plenty of occult imagery.
Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka stars as the title character, with a supporting cast including Michelle Gomez (Doctor Who‘s Missy) as the devil’s handmaiden Madam Satan, and Lucy Davis and Miranda Otto as Sabrina’s witchy aunts Hilda and Zelda.
Season 1 arrives on Netflix on Oct. 26, just in time for Halloween.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor