- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Hasbro rolls out the red carpet for Chewbacca Mom.
Who knew that a four minute video would produce such enduring fame for Candace Payne? The woman better known as Chewbacca Mom continues to rake in gifts a month after video of her laughing at a Chewbacca mask went viral in May.
Her family’s received college scholarships, an all expenses paid Disney vacation, and tons of Chewbacca masks. She’s even been able to meet the man behind the iconic Star Wars character, Peter Mayhew.
The latest bit of swag Payne and her family received came from Hasbro. The company pulled out all the stops to show their appreciation for Payne’s uncanny ability to make money for large brands shilling toys.
A photo posted by Candace Payne (@candacepayne) on
Payne’s reward was her very own action figure. No one’s quite sure what actions it performs (laughing?) but one thing is clear: this toy is not for sale.
The Chewbacca Mom action figure is one-of-a-kind and, much like her viral fame, it’s all Payne’s to enjoy.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.