- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Bad Lip Reading turns ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ into ‘Les Mis’
Everyone’s stuffing their face with fruit and singing.
If you’re going to see Mockingjay Part 1 this weekend, it’s always a good idea to catch up on the previous movies in The Hunger Games series first. If you’re looking for a summary of Catching Fire, the guys at Bad Lip Reading might suggest you watch Les Miserables instead.
In the latest bad lip-reading video from the wildly popular YouTube channel, everyone in Panem is full of song, despite people starving and everything being terrible. Even when the characters aren’t singing, you’ll find the trademark BLR humor that we’ve come to know, raise our eyebrows at, and enjoy anyway.
Haymitch (sounding almost exactly like Woody Harrelson) is asking for advice on nose zits, Katniss can’t deal with Gale’s weirdness, and that Peace Keeper is only looking for dancing tips with his gun. Does it surprise anyone that Prim is actually pretty creepy?
After all they’ve been through so far, would you blame Peeta for wanting a car made out of dead folks? That walrus meat, however, might be harder to get.
Screengrab via Bad Lip Reading/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.