- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
‘Captain America: Civil War’ is even more emotional with Adele
Bucky had a very good reason for not answering any of your calls, Cap.
Sure, Captain America and Iron Man will finally face off after more than two Avengers films’ worth of butting heads and snark. Sure, most of the current Marvel gang (plus a few new faces) will get back together in order to make it happen. And sure, Tony Stark might even learn a few things about friendship along the way. But there are bigger things at stake.
Anthony Meadows combined the Civil War trailer with Adele’s megahit “Hello,” and it goes straight to the heart of the love story (albeit maybe not a romantic one) between Steve and Bucky Barnes. It’s just as emotionally effective as that Age of Ultron mashup with Celine Dion. The notes hit the right cadence just as the meaningful glances between Steve and Bucky hit the screen.
Finally, we learn why Bucky never answered the phone: it’s rather difficult to pick up when you’ve spent decades as a brainwashed assassin forced to work for HYDRA.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.