- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ 5 Years Ago
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
Fan creates the perfect spy movie credits for our nonexistent Black Widow movie
This fanvid has us longing for the real thing.
At this point, even if you know nothing else about Black Widow, you probably know she deserves her own movie. Marvel fans have advocated so fiercely for her place in the roster of Avengers films that Saturday Night Live recently skewered Marvel’s unwillingness to deliver by making a parody that envisioned the film as a cliché-filled chick flick.
Now, thanks to a fan named Christopher Haley, we have a new (and better) alternative version of what a Black Widow might look like—one that takes Black Widow’s actual backstory into account.
Hint: it’s not a chick flick.
Finally, the spy Natasha movie we’ve been waiting for. The stylish title sequence features Portishead’s “Sour Times” as the perfect Bond-esque theme, references to Natasha’s Russian origins, and other actors like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg.
Mostly, though, we’re into it for the implication that when she’s not hunting down international government officials, Natasha enjoys ballet-dancing.
Surely Marvel can appreciate this opportunity. Come on, guys. Why do you have to make another Thor movie when you could have an assassin who pirouettes? Between this and a stellar fan-made Black Widow trailer, your work has practically been done for you.
At least fans like Haley help make up for Marvel’s wasted opportunity.
Illustration by Aja Romano; Screengrab via Christopher Haley/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.