- How to watch Disney XD online for free 3 Years Ago
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
Marvel Studios chief says a Black Widow movie will definitely happen
One step closer to giving the people what they want.
In an interview with Deadline on Friday, Feige stressed that a good nine to 10 Marvel films have already been spoken for but that the former S.H.I.E.L.D agent deserves not just her own movie, but an entire franchise behind it.
“The one [character] creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing [a movie on] is Black Widow,” Feige said. “We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”
Feige’s words don’t exactly suggest that a Black Widow film is one of Marvel’s top priorities, but they’re a step in the right direction, especially given that fans have clamored to see more of her.
On Twitter, people weighed in with a mixture of excitement and exasperation, because, well, finally.
Feige didn’t say anything else about the idea of a Black Widow film, including whether concrete plans for one were in the works.
If the buzz around even the faintest hint of Black Widow movie news is any indication, Marvel will be celebrating a similar success once her movie hits the big screen.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.