- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher 2 Years Ago
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ 2 Years Ago
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered 2 Years Ago
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense 2 Years Ago
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Today 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Today 12:33 PM
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label Today 12:16 PM
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
- Trump accused of witness intimidation for tweets during impeachment hearing Today 11:48 AM
- Roger Stone convicted Today 11:34 AM
- FCC to replace comment system that got spammed during net neutrality fight Today 11:31 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama live in Concacaf Nations League Today 11:05 AM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch Today 10:52 AM
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak Today 10:37 AM
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright Today 10:32 AM
Marvel stunt performers are the unsung heroes of the franchise, filming and often choreographing the fighting styles for your favorite superheroes. Marvel’s Netflix shows are especially highly praised for their hand-to-hand combat scenes, which invites an obvious question: How would an Avengers A-lister fare against one of the street-level Defenders characters?
Stunt performers Lauren Mary Kim and Amy Johnston are here to answer that question. Kim doubled for Elektra in Daredevil while Johnston performed as Black Widow‘s stunt double in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so they know exactly how each character fights. They got together for an awesome Black Widow/Elektra showdown, filmed and posted on Kim’s Instagram.
So...here is my ANSWER to who would win if #ELEKTRA fought #BLACKWIDOW in Entry #3 of my KALI DIARIES series. Huge thanks to the ridic talented @amyejohnston who was one of Black Widow's stunt doubles, @sloyerstunts - Fight coordinating, Camera and Editing and Tsuyoshi Abe -Fight Choreography. Go #Marvel And check out #Defenders on August 18 on #Netflix #thewomenofmarvel #stuntdouble #stunts #v10stunts
A post shared by Lauren Mary Kim (@laurenmarykim) on
You can catch Kim in action during The Defenders, which arrives on Netflix this Friday. It’s not exactly a spoiler to say that Elektra returns from the dead, and her fight scenes are among the best in the show.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor