- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans 2 Years Ago
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
Marvel stunt performers are the unsung heroes of the franchise, filming and often choreographing the fighting styles for your favorite superheroes. Marvel’s Netflix shows are especially highly praised for their hand-to-hand combat scenes, which invites an obvious question: How would an Avengers A-lister fare against one of the street-level Defenders characters?
Stunt performers Lauren Mary Kim and Amy Johnston are here to answer that question. Kim doubled for Elektra in Daredevil while Johnston performed as Black Widow‘s stunt double in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so they know exactly how each character fights. They got together for an awesome Black Widow/Elektra showdown, filmed and posted on Kim’s Instagram.
So...here is my ANSWER to who would win if #ELEKTRA fought #BLACKWIDOW in Entry #3 of my KALI DIARIES series. Huge thanks to the ridic talented @amyejohnston who was one of Black Widow's stunt doubles, @sloyerstunts - Fight coordinating, Camera and Editing and Tsuyoshi Abe -Fight Choreography. Go #Marvel And check out #Defenders on August 18 on #Netflix #thewomenofmarvel #stuntdouble #stunts #v10stunts
A post shared by Lauren Mary Kim (@laurenmarykim) on
You can catch Kim in action during The Defenders, which arrives on Netflix this Friday. It’s not exactly a spoiler to say that Elektra returns from the dead, and her fight scenes are among the best in the show.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor