- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Their carving game is top-notch.
Halloween is known for festive costume, treats, and frights, but it’s also a ripe time for geeks to let their flags fly high. And there’s no better indication of that than what they can do to a holiday classic.
Most of us can carve a pumpkin, but geek carvers are on a completely different level. Instead of a goofy or spooky face, they’re bringing characters, creatures, and objects to life. (Just look at what NASA scientists can do!) It’s a clever twist on the traditional jack-o’-lantern, and they can let trick-or-treaters know that yes, you’ll actually get their costume choice.
Although this isn’t anywhere near a complete list, here are some of our favorite pumpkins across fandom. Every Halloween brings an astounding amount of talent to the table, and this year is no different.
Winter is coming—and so are pumpkins.
We like what they got.
These pumpkins are fully operational.
Are you sure wand work wasn’t involved in carving these?
It’s dangerous to go alone! These these!
The wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey pumpkins.
With Jake the Dog and Finn the Pumpkin.
Yes, the song is already stuck in our heads too.
Gotta catch them all.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.