- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Their carving game is top-notch.
Halloween is known for festive costume, treats, and frights, but it’s also a ripe time for geeks to let their flags fly high. And there’s no better indication of that than what they can do to a holiday classic.
Most of us can carve a pumpkin, but geek carvers are on a completely different level. Instead of a goofy or spooky face, they’re bringing characters, creatures, and objects to life. (Just look at what NASA scientists can do!) It’s a clever twist on the traditional jack-o’-lantern, and they can let trick-or-treaters know that yes, you’ll actually get their costume choice.
Although this isn’t anywhere near a complete list, here are some of our favorite pumpkins across fandom. Every Halloween brings an astounding amount of talent to the table, and this year is no different.
Winter is coming—and so are pumpkins.
We like what they got.
These pumpkins are fully operational.
Are you sure wand work wasn’t involved in carving these?
It’s dangerous to go alone! These these!
The wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey pumpkins.
With Jake the Dog and Finn the Pumpkin.
Yes, the song is already stuck in our heads too.
Gotta catch them all.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.