- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual 3 Years Ago
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar 3 Years Ago
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
Benedict Cumberbatch visits comic-book store after filming ‘Doctor Strange’ in New York
Cumberbatch, along with Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor, were spotted on set in New York.
The combination of outlandish costumes and Cumberbatch’s face are enough to keep the Marvel meme factory churning away for the foreseeable future, but the Doctor Strange crew didn’t stop there. After they wrapped, they dropped in on a local comic-book store—with Cumberbatch still dressed in Doctor Strange’s cape and Eye of Agamotto amulet.
Yes, JHU Comic Books got a surprise visit from Doctor Strange himself. We’ll give you one guess which book he bought.
After months of keeping a fairly close lid on Doctor Strange, Marvel evidently saved the “riskiest” location for last. With action scenes taking place in Manhattan during daylight hours, there was no way they could avoid people taking photos of Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Mads Mikkelsen in costume.
Within hours of wrapping Doctor Strange, Cumberbatch was presumably on a plane back to the U.K., because season 4 of Sherlock began production on Monday morning. That’s right, it’s time for the return of #setlock, that glorious time of year when Sherlock fans painstakingly scrutinize every public filming location for clues about the next season. No rest for the wicked, Mr. Cumberbatch.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor