- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Watch in horror as people lick and bite a chocolate Benedict Cumberbatch statue
This is one of the least hygienic things we’ve ever seen.
This video of people eating a chocolate Benedict Cumberbatch statue is disturbing and unhygienic, and it should never have happened.
UKTV created the statue to promote its new Drama channel. Apparently, because people seem to enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch and chocolate separately, UKTV thought a combination of the two would be even more popular.
It was cool to see how the sculptors built the statue, but UKTV failed to predict the visceral horror of putting a life-size chocolate Cumberbatch in a crowded shopping mall.
Dogs were licking it. Humans were licking it. People were snapping pieces off in a display of blatant chocolate cannibalism. It was totally disgusting.
The resulting saliva-smeared free-for-all is a nightmare of inappropriate sexual overtones (grandmas licking Cumberbatch’s body!) and flat-out horror (children snapping off his fingers and eating them).
UKTV, we are sending you our therapy bills.
Screengrab via UKTV/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor