- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Watch in horror as people lick and bite a chocolate Benedict Cumberbatch statue
This is one of the least hygienic things we’ve ever seen.
This video of people eating a chocolate Benedict Cumberbatch statue is disturbing and unhygienic, and it should never have happened.
UKTV created the statue to promote its new Drama channel. Apparently, because people seem to enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch and chocolate separately, UKTV thought a combination of the two would be even more popular.
It was cool to see how the sculptors built the statue, but UKTV failed to predict the visceral horror of putting a life-size chocolate Cumberbatch in a crowded shopping mall.
Dogs were licking it. Humans were licking it. People were snapping pieces off in a display of blatant chocolate cannibalism. It was totally disgusting.
The resulting saliva-smeared free-for-all is a nightmare of inappropriate sexual overtones (grandmas licking Cumberbatch’s body!) and flat-out horror (children snapping off his fingers and eating them).
UKTV, we are sending you our therapy bills.
Screengrab via UKTV/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor